ULEZ - Good News

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

AndyK
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

ULEZ - Good News

Post by AndyK »

Hi all, this post will be of interest to anyone living or riding through a low emission zone.
In my case it's the London (UK) Ultra Low Emission Zone.

As my Paso was made in 1988 it never had any emissions data on the V5 Log Book and this meant it was automatically liable for the ULEZ charge if I entered the zone. Even worse there was no discount for having two wheels so would have cost £12 per day...

I read an article that said if you could get proof from the manufacturer that it was complient the charge would be removed, the other alternative was to take it to (in my case) the only bike shop that could test it and that wasn't cheap.

I contacted Ducati UK and they very promptly asked for a series of photographs showing V5 and number stamped on the frame.
This went off to the Homologation Department in Bologna and around 4 weeks later I received an official signed letter stating that my bike emitted 0.14 g/km of NOx

The limit to comply is 0.15 g/km so I then sent copies of the V5 and the letter to Transport For London and today (around 1 week later) I was told that my bike is now exempt from the charge :D

TFL only do this on a bike by bike basis so each person has to apply in person but Bologna will supply the same data for any early Paso 750 (prob any Paso 750 made).

The ULEZ in London is about to expand so I am super happy not to have to worry about it any more - Plus it didn't cost me a penny, just a couple of emails :cool:

Happy Christmas and all the best for 2020
Derek
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1994

Re: ULEZ - Good News

Post by Derek »

Good news indeed Andy and very useful information for any in the UK who are likely to be affected. The nearest city to me, where I worked for many years, is intending to introduce a ULEZ very soon. Fortunately, since I no longer have to work I'm not there so often but it will be very annoying if I can't ride my bikes there if I need to.
1994 907ie
2017 Supersport 939
2015 Scrambler Classic
1982 Pantah 500SL (now sold)

Scotland
Kmamac
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Re: ULEZ - Good News

Post by Kmamac »

Good work Andy K, I live in London and have a 906 so I shall be doing the same as you and your pioneering work!
Keith MM