Oil Pressure Sensor Replacement?

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

Stingray230SX
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Re: Oil Pressure Sensor Replacement?

Post by Stingray230SX »

Googled the 69921511A p/n and it comes up here: http://www.store.commoto.com/product_in ... s_id=71923

looks like we can get it for all our bikes?

doug
1992 907ie #1473 Nero SOLD
1997 Vmax Nero-Blue Flames SOLD
jayh
model: 750 Paso
year: 1986

Post by jayh »

Land Rover discovery TDI 300 is also a direct swap.Your local auto parts store should have a aftermarket catalogue full of senders and their switching modes and thread pitches,I just went down the list until I found the correct mode and pitch with a price that matched my wallet. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: J
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Post by Mc tool »

Mine is off a VW golf ..... I think . Like Jayh I wandered down to the local parts guy ( Jim @ Allparts ), perused the catalogue , 10mm taper thread , nc ,6.3mm spade & 7 lb crack.....mmm a Vee Dub huh. There were 1/2 a dozen that would have done if I could be bothered changing the terminal on the harness to suit , and I figured that the operating pressure wasnt vital as long as it was ballpark , I mean if you are supposed to have 60 psi it doesn't matter if the red light is telling you that you have less than 7 psi or less than 4 psi , either way your history.
If I set the idle to low the oil pressure light on my guzzi winks at me like a homo in the toilets ... probly harmless enough but unnerving all the same ( I can get it to idle at 4 -500 rpm ) and anyhow its not 1/2 as excitable as the charge light which blazes away at anything below 1700rpm . :shock: fuck :!: I hope I havnt got them mixed up
I dont do italian :lol: :lol:
gen ... charge light , folle.... blinkers , luci ... neutral and olio for oil pressure..........I think :)
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
nojapan
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by nojapan »

Mc tool wrote: Image
I dont do italian :lol: :lol:
gen ... BATTERY CHARGE , folle.... NEUTRAL , luci ... LIGHT and olio for oil pressure..........I think :)
Gabriel
Paso 750
Elefant 750 Monofaro '88
Elefant 900 Monobraccio '89
Elefant 750 pure off '85
SS 750 '92
delagem
year: 0

Post by delagem »

Stingray230SX wrote:Googled the 69921511A p/n and it comes up here: http://www.store.commoto.com/product_in ... s_id=71923

looks like we can get it for all our bikes?

doug
Hi Doug, well, you could always buy the OEM part from Ducati as well. My point when I started this thread was twofold:

1. I didn't want to wait weeks or more for the part.

2. I didn't want to spend over $30 on a friggin' oil sender!

I don't know how long you've been a Ducati owner, but finding critical parts on semi-permanent backorder (Like oil filters! 1993? Anyone else here remember that one?) is enough to make me want to find alternatives any time I can. (EDIT: If Ducati NA ever runs out of oil filters AGAIN, go to NAPA and order a filter for a Simca. No, I've never heard of one either. But I've used an oil filter from one!)

I now have a section of my toolbox devoted to leftover sensors from this project! So much for saving money! Ah well, it was fun, figuring out a different way...

The $900 Paso: DellOrto's, Dyna 5 ohm coils, Ignitech TCIP4; finally, a new set of tires! Goldentyre GT070/071

The bike is gone, but the nightmares continue...