wiring upgrade

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

desmodave
year: 0

wiring upgrade

Post by desmodave »

Ive wanted to do the upgrade since i first got the bike but i couldnt understand it at first now i know that mine is different - the four orange wires are divided into two connecters one used and one not for the upgrade.

but i just discovered that the left connector one of the wires crosses over to the other coil joining with the other two orange on the right!

any ideas fellas-shall i just disconnect? and go for it? has someone before me wired it this way for some reason?

on the upgrade wich side do you not use to the frame left or right ?

desmo.
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Re: wiring upgrade

Post by jcslocum »

Can you post a picture of how your's is wired up??
desmodave

Post by desmodave »

jcslocum wrote:Can you post a picture of how your's is wired up??
OK ive nevr had problem with it starting i have the weber tooand like it---the left coil(horizontal) is the orange wire that comes from above to the other coil orange wires the ones replaced by the y shaped upgrade part the lower end is still in the connecter horizontal side simple eh why didnt i see first time!
desmodave

Post by desmodave »

desmodave wrote:
OK ive nevr had problem with it starting i have the weber tooand like it---the left coil(horizontal) is the orange wire that comes from above to the other coil orange wires the ones replaced by the y shaped upgrade part the lower end is still in the connecter horizontal side simple eh why didnt i see first time!
no ideas anyone????
desmodave

Post by desmodave »

desmodave wrote:
desmodave wrote:
no ideas anyone????
the orange wire comes down frome above so only bridges from the left connector to the other on the right coil.
desmodave

Post by desmodave »

desmodave wrote:
desmodave wrote:
no ideas anyone????
the orange wire comes down frome above so only bridges from the left connector to the other on the right coil.