site specific communication here only
please no advertisements or chitchat
Kmamac
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Post by Kmamac »

I, my name is Keith and I have just picked up a 906 Paso. I had a pantah in the mid 80's and loved it after moving away from what appeared to be an agricultural le man mk2. In 1990 I decided to treat myself to a new bike ( had to be a Ducati). I did try the new belt 900ss but fell in love with the 906 paso as I was needing a bike to rid to work and it was perfect for my needs. It was also, in my opinion, bloody gorgeous. I also recall the road tests were very favourable ( I still recal the phrase- one of the few bikes that will spin the rear whilst lifting its nose). Many people get a bit judgemental and a 'bit know it all' in retrospect about its quirks (or flaws) but in its day it was a bloody fine bike. Anyway, rambling on. After a couple of years I divorced and poverty dictated It needed to go. Years later I susquently went through an ST4' 999s, a Hailwood rep, and currently a multistrada plus a cafe racer based upon a allazura - nearly done!) A causal conversation at a Ducati meet got me talking about the paso and others mentioned how cheap they were. Cutting a story short I saw a red one on eBay that had been stored form10 years that needed recommissioning and a fair bit of TLC. I will post some photos on another section but I bought her yesterday and she scrubbed up much better than I expected ( that paintwork really is high quality). I need to do fluids belts etc but hope to get her running in a week or so. Look forward to discussing tamburinis forgotten Jewel with you all.
Keith mm in SE London
nickta
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Re: New member

Post by nickta »

Hi Keith.

Welcome to the forum. Many have come though here, most stay. I know that feeling of poverty, and the thrill you get when you park that 1st bike in the shed afterwards.

I wish you luck with those illusive indicator lenses. They are out there, it's just a matter of waiting for them to show up. They are about as rare as those little plastic bits that go on the centre stand! Prepare yourself if you need one of them!

Cheers.

Nick.
Kmamac

Post by Kmamac »

Hi Nick,
Thank you for warm welcome. Oh no! What's the plastic bits on the stand?
Best regards
Keith mm
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

Hello Keith,

I´m sure Nick means the small chain sliders.

G.
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Mc tool »

Welcome to the show
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
englishstiv
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by englishstiv »

Was it that one that went for £850 .00 ?

It looks like a damn bloody good bargain if it is and I was so near hitting the bid button myself, well done and so pleased it didn't go the way of a breaker :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
DUCATI 907ie 1992
HARLEY DAVIDSON ELECTRA GLIDE CLASSIC 1991
Kmamac

Post by Kmamac »

Hi yes it is the £850 one. Thanks for not bidding:-) It was taken in by a couple of guys who did bits and bobs on bikes over 10 years ago. Cutting a long storey short they guy could not pay. Has been sat in a metal container gathering a very thick layer of dust every since. One of the partners died recently leaving a widow with ms. The remaining guy wanted to clear the container. He is giving his dead partners wife the £850 which is nice.
I cannot post pictures as currently touring Scotland on the 1200 multi. After pressure washing the bike and panels ( 10 years off the bike gathering grime) it has come up looking very nice indeed. Not sure what paint Ducati but it looks bloody great. I have ordered a load of service items from Andrew at Mdinaitalia. Hope to have it running next week. I think you have mentioned the parting out madness in previous posts. Apart from the M1R forks (about £400?) there's bugger all worth selling at a premium. All the other bits appear to be replicated on ebay on a permanent buy it now listing. As an aside there are quite a few bits and bobs I would buy ( doubling up effectively) but WILL NOT as people seem to ask too much - just saying.
Really looking forward to having it working again so I can go back 26 years! I will post picture pre and post next week. No doubt followed by a few ' it doesn't work- what can I do! Posts.
Best regards
Keith MM inSE London village
Ps still looking for LHS indicator!!!!
englishstiv
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by englishstiv »

That's great to hear looking forward to seeing it back on the road and yes gutted I didn't bid even more so now.
DUCATI 907ie 1992
HARLEY DAVIDSON ELECTRA GLIDE CLASSIC 1991
Thebenelliman

Post by Thebenelliman »

Hi Kieth, I too was looking at that bike on eBay , I thought that it was a lot of Ducati for the money!
Glad it went to a Ducati enthusiast, hope you get it all sorted soon. I live in the Se near London maybe we could meet up at the Ace cafe on Italian night which is the second Thursday of the month?
The Benelliman
1992 907ie
1981 Benelli 900 Sei
1989 Benelli 900 Sei
1976 Benelli 125 Enduro
1981 Benelli 250 2c
1976 Benelli 250 Quattro
1980 Benelli 254
Kmamac

Post by Kmamac »

Hi Benelli man.
Ace cafe meet is a great idea. Some of the London Ducati boys pop into the meeting as it happens. Must admit I rarely do it as its a PITA riding diagonally across Central London. However, it would be great to meet up with someone who gets the tamburini masterpiece!
See you soon.
Best regards
Keith mm
Thebenelliman

Post by Thebenelliman »

Hi Keith, have to Agree London traffic is a pain, but if the weather is good there are some nice bikes to look at ! Will let you know when i next go up there , possibly next week!
The Benelliman
1992 907ie
1981 Benelli 900 Sei
1989 Benelli 900 Sei
1976 Benelli 125 Enduro
1981 Benelli 250 2c
1976 Benelli 250 Quattro
1980 Benelli 254