I'm so glad I found you all!

discussion about the 750 Sport and '89/'90 900SS, which share many mechanicals with the Paso series
Soames

I'm so glad I found you all!

Post by Soames »

Hello.

It's great to find this small community at last.

I'm from the south west of the UK and having only ever seen one other 750 Sport at the Goodwood Festival of Speed, its good to see more 750 sport riders out there.

I've had my 750 Sport since 1992 and over the years it's been getting harder and harder to find good information. Even the official Ducati website has no record of this type; it's as though the bike is Ducati's dirty little secret and that they wish to forget it was ever conceived.

Personally, I love the thing. Mines a silver and red variant and stock, except for a 2-1 exhaust system that crackles and spews blue flame!

Yes the bike threw me off whilst whipping up Cheddar Gorge (The carb froze, throttle stuck open and the rear wheel fell into a pot hole the stiff rear spring couldn't cope with) and no, it's not well suited to Somerset's bumpy roads but for some reason I've never been able to part with it.

It's distinctive, raw and packed full of character.
jetboy
model: 750 Sport
year: 1990

Re: I'm so glad I found you all!

Post by jetboy »

here here!
blaster

Post by blaster »

welcome we all love our dirty ducks! blaster
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by persempre907 »

Welcome on board.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Ciao
Francesco
Ducati 907IE 1992 Rosso
Ducati 907IE 1993 Nero
Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019
jetboy

Post by jetboy »

i have to say, i dont even like ducatis as a rule - im much more of a guzzi and morini fan, but the 750 sport is something else, and in my humble opinion, the saving grace of ducati for its era.

i got my little sport fairly cheaply, but id not trade it for any other ducati from the late 80s -90s - even if they are technically superior - they don't have what this little guy has- grace and style, with a dash of soul.

watch me get snowed by all the paso guys. i like the paso too!

for some reason the SS doesn't do it for me.
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by jcslocum »

Once you have one.....

If you want a truly REJECTED Duc, try owning an Indiana!!!
289cdo

Post by 289cdo »

hi i have a 1988 750 sport ,ive also owned a laverda 1200 mirage and many jap bikes,but i think the 750 sport has been the closest thing to a race bike on the road, i know it has its teething problems? but hey, thats the fun of owning a italian classic. enjoy; cheers, nigel . bournemouth. :thumbup:
ducinthebay
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by ducinthebay »

Welcome to the sideshow that is the 750 Sport Nuevo. the odd duck from one of the dark corners of Ducati's history. At the time of its release, many people thought it blasphemous to refer back to the bevel drive 750 Sport, so it didn't get much respect at the time. How Ducati made it through those times is generally amazing. The line up consisted of the Sport, the 851, and the Paso. None of which sold many, but they always created good press.

Now for that stiff shock. Go and grab one off of e-bay off a 900 ss, or even better, an aftermarket one that allows you to set the ride height.

Glad to have you join us.

Cheers,
Duc in the Bay
1990 750 Sport x2-Rosso Blanko (900ss copy) & Nuovo Nudo (Scrambler project)
1991 907 -mostly stock
2002 ST4s - Lots of mods.
timmetje
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by timmetje »

welcome, i,ve got the same thing, surrounded by japanese plastic and other toys this site gives me the feeling that im not another freak, paso riders unite!

ps, im a freak (but in a good way)