Hi there, another rider from Germany

discussion about the 750 Sport and '89/'90 900SS, which share many mechanicals with the Paso series
Manxman

Hi there, another rider from Germany

Post by Manxman »

Hello to all 750sport riders in the world!!!
I´m glad that I found this site to join our enthusiasm bout this nice bike!!!

I own mine since four years, and I have done some improvements. WP main shock, full floating brake disks, electrical brakelight switch, front tire Michelin 130/70 Pilot Sport (its AWESOME!!) and a external fuel pump coming from a Yamaha TDM bike (it´s a membrane pump).

Since I threw away the electric pump in the fuel tank it runs like hell, no carburator problems any more (a very very little "break" at SUDDEN strong pull on the throttle at 2500rounds). I wrote an article about that in the private labelled german magazine (fan-zine) "MOTALIA", if someone knows that. Since this modification, i really LOVE my WEBER carbs. Of course some other drivers have tried to adopt this and I have heared by two of them that situation has not been improved.. very strange. I still do not have a clear explanation, why it works. I am not using any pressure increasing nozzles in the fuel tubes. Just normal diameter, including also the Y-branch with flow back in the tank.

Some modification together with few pictures you can see on my homepage, http://www.mutantmarine.de

Recentley I have renewed the main axe for the swingarm (means I took the old one and got apllied a hard chrome layer in order to increase the diameter). Also the axial tolerance was so huge, that looking back I wonder how I was able to drive with this crab... now it so precise again, I was totally astonished on the first test drive.

Next point of interest will be the tyres again, I guess I will follow the idea of using a 180/60 on the rear...

My opinion on this letter to Michelin...it will not make them change their mind. The decision has been taken and a few dozen of drivers with a potential turnover of a few thousand bucks.....
Maybe we should better send a letter to DUCATI and tell them to put pressure on Michelin... they should have much more power.

Talk to you soon!
Cheers
Felix
DonaldoDuck
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Re: Hi there, another rider from Germany

Post by DonaldoDuck »

Awesome looking 750 Felix! My wife has a 900SS. We love it.

Welcome to the forum.
Cheers -Sean
1992 907ie Beauty. Custom high pipes, Pro Italia chip, Barnett performance clutch, Corbin Seat, Stainless brake lines. 35,000 miles. Owned since 1993.
gte175x

Re: Hi there, another rider from Germany

Post by gte175x »

Hey - how's it going? I'm wondering if you can help me. There's a part I need for sale in Germany on ebay. But the seller doesn't sell to the US. Would it be possible for you to get it and send it to me? Of course you will be compensated for your trouble.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Chris