New to the club, just purchased a 750 sport!

discussion about the 750 Sport and '89/'90 900SS, which share many mechanicals with the Paso series
Competizione

New to the club, just purchased a 750 sport!

Post by Competizione »

Hello everyone,
Just puchased a 1990 750 sport. Red/slv w/ only 8,700 miles. Looks great runs good, but will be a project bike. I am looking forward to discussing all the attributes that this bike has to offer w/ all the experts here.
I am looking for the original seat and rear seat cover and the original tail pipes. Have any ideas?
Thanks!
gte175x

Re: New to the club, just purchased a 750 sport!

Post by gte175x »

Congradulations - they are great bikes to own. I would also like to get the original seat. Mine came with a corbin. I would trade if anyone wanted - but I doubt it.
Competizione

Post by Competizione »

Where are you from? I live in the northern california bay area. My 750 came w/ a corbin seat aswell. comfortable, but ugly. Do you have the original tail pipes?
Underblog

Post by Underblog »

I have a spare set of headers if you need them. The cans are pretty restrictive and were usually dumped along with the Weber carb. Does yours still have the Weber? How does it run?
bucbean
model: 750 Sport
year: 1990

Post by bucbean »

If by "tail pipes" you mean mufflers or silencers, I have a set on ebay. The item number is:

They are truly in excellent condition....not a scratch.

Jeff

bucbean@pipeline.com
Competizione

Post by Competizione »

Thanks for the replies! I have found out the history of my bike. It was a demo model at Monroe motors in San Fransisco. It has 8,700 original miles on it now. It still has the weber carb. The only changes were a corbin seat, Ferraci mufflers( too loud) , and aftermarket mirrors. I am in the process of doing a refurbishing myself w/ new belts and bearings, new chain, full tune up and hopefully getting all the OEM parts back on it. I am still looking for the rear seat cowl if anybody has any ideas.
Underblog

Post by Underblog »

You may want to measure the header to see if you have the full Ferracci system. If you do, the stock cans will not fit, and may be impossible to tune. The dimensions of the exhaust diameters both stock and Ferracci are located at:

http://blog.mayoreric.com/archives/2008 ... e-upd.html

If you need the entire stock system, then between the eBay cans and my headers you should be set.
Underblog

Post by Underblog »

Also, I remember seeing the 750 Sports at Monroe's back in 1989!
Competizione

Post by Competizione »

Thats great. I have a friend who used to be the mechanic at Monroes he also remembers the bike well. I know the headers are the stock ones. They still say Ducati and have the part number on them.
Are you still in the area?
I will be buying the Mufflers off of bucbean, He also has a weber set up for sale. I and am interested in how it will sound and run when I am finished. It runs great now but has that flat spot I have heard about.