750 sport rear seat cover

discussion about the 750 Sport and '89/'90 900SS, which share many mechanicals with the Paso series
Competizione

750 sport rear seat cover

Post by Competizione »

Hey Guys,
Been putting my 750 back together. Got the original pipes and seat back on, but I am still looking for the original rear seat cover. It still has the Weber on it. Need to find info on changing the fuel pump. Any info would be helpful. I'll post some pics as soon as I figure out how to do that.

Competizione
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Re: 750 sport rear seat cover

Post by jcslocum »

The feul pump is inside the tank. You take off the filler to removed it and change the filer.
Manxman

Post by Manxman »

Hi there,
what do you mean "changing the fuel pump"?

I succeeded in "improving" the fuel pump by changing to another pump and I would strongly recommend it since on my bike it has removed all "socalled" problems of the Weber carb. It runs perfect now!

I am now using a membrane pump from a Yamaha. Need more infos? Let me know....
Or if you understand some german, look at http://www.mutantmarine.de (few pics).

Ciao
Felix
blaster

Post by blaster »

hi. if you are having carb problems because of high fuel pressure which i hear causes some of the problems with the webber. i think there is a way to adjust the fuel pressure though i have never done it because i replaced my webber with mikunis in 1994 and i had no pressure problems. in the fuel return line that goes from the main line to the return spiggot under the tank there is a main jet pushed into the fuel line about half way in. i think you can adjust the fuel pressure by "jetting" the fuel line. simple and clever if it works. i also think the 750 paso has the same setup but i can't remember. if anybody out there has any experence with this post it. blaster
jetboy
model: 750 Sport
year: 1990

Post by jetboy »

did you ever find a source for the rear seat cover? im also in need-
blaster

Post by blaster »

hi if you guys are refering to the rear seat cowl i have three but i am keeping two. all of them have the same problem when you use them for very long. the mounting tabs that slip into the bodywork have broken off and the small pad has worn thru on the top edge. the broken tabs aren't a big problem thought, the cowl just sticks up a little. i would sell one of them if you want it. the surface and paint are fine, maybe a scrach or two. make me an offer. blaster
jetboy

Post by jetboy »

dont want to hijack his request - so ill give comp a chance first. plus i contacted someone else yesterday who has one, and he needed me to wait a week and i said i would, so-- i should wait.

but if no one else is interested, i may be depending on the other deal. that little cowl really completes the look and id love to get one.
ducinthebay
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by ducinthebay »

I have never seen one of those seat covers/cowl with the tabs still in place. They all break off. If you are going to repaint it, I would suggest making nice piece of aluminum to simulate the tabs and mount it with some nice round head screws.

Its one of those design flaws that didn't quite get figured out before launch. You had to remove the seat cowl to remove the seat. Of course the anxious owners didn't quite get the memo, and a quick yank on the seat after turning the key broke the tabs. It was a silly design to require the owner to find an allen key and remove the cowl before removing the seat to get to the otherwise well designed glove box.

All this talk about the seat cowl has me thinking that I might try to refit the beat up one I have, but attach it to only the seat so it comes off together.

Mine came with two different size pads. Did my P.O. make those, or does anyone else have two different size pads?

Cheers,
Duc in the Bay
1990 750 Sport x2-Rosso Blanko (900ss copy) & Nuovo Nudo (Scrambler project)
1991 907 -mostly stock
2002 ST4s - Lots of mods.
blaster

Post by blaster »

i have never seen two different sized pads before and like i said ,i have three cowls. one good thing about the tabs being broken off is that you don't have to remove the cowl to pull off the seat though the cowl does stick up a little. i still have one for sale if anybody wants one. blaster
masijim

Post by masijim »

I'm in need of a rear seat cowl for an F1. What I need looks the same as the Sport, but I'm not sure if they're the same. Do you know if they're the same ? If so, I definitely want it.
jetboy

Post by jetboy »

i was also set to buy but ive been told that my seat is not stock so it probably wont fit unless i get a whole new seat etc.
blaster

Post by blaster »

jetboy, yea, i looked at the pictures you posted. not stock. masijim, i don't know if it will fit an f1. i'll ask around and post it. blaster