brembo floating brake disc for 16' front wheel

discussion about the 750 Sport and '89/'90 900SS, which share many mechanicals with the Paso series
blaster

brembo floating brake disc for 16' front wheel

Post by blaster »

i was digging around in my pile of old notes today and came across the part number for brembo full floating cast iron discs that fit my sports 16' front wheel. i have two sets , one's carriers are worn, the carriers are al and i think the buttons are ti. the holes in the discs were also champhered. pt# 49240071A. i don't know if it is still active but what the heck. the last set i bought was i think about $500.00 around six years ago. i got my first set free thru a warrenty claim for warped discs. that was too cool. did anybody out there get these kind of discs from ducati on a warrenty claim like i did? blaster
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Re: brembo floating brake disc for 16' front wheel

Post by jcslocum »

The bottons are most likely stainless. CAn you post a picture of them??
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

are these the ones ? (I have the same, but mine have a golden, not a black ring)

There`s also this version. I think these are semi floating. I had one of these also. On this disc the floaters are mounted as pairs and the disc has basically no movement. Quite different to the first type.

G.
blaster

Post by blaster »

here is a picture of my first set that i got on a warrenty claim. these have about 80,000 miles on them so they are pretty worn out. the set i bought has about 15 to 20,000 miles on them and they are in good shape. they look just like the ones in the pictures. these are full floaters and i examined a button. it looks like they are made out of aluminum with a hard anodizing and the button weighs 3 grams. the carrier is black. i think this type also came on some of the F1 types like the laguna seca. blaster