odometer question

discussion about the 750 Sport and '89/'90 900SS, which share many mechanicals with the Paso series
Maico88
model: 750 Sport
year: 1990

odometer question

Post by Maico88 »

The odometer on the 750 Sport I recently aquired works fine. However, whatever is supposed to reset it is partly missing. The odometer can be reset using a pair of needle nose pliers. I don't know what is missing. Does the sport have a knob, or is there some kind of cable attached to the speedometer to reset the odometer? I am including a picture of the back of my speedometer with an arrow pointing the the reset.
Can anybody tell me what is missing?
blaster

Re: odometer question

Post by blaster »

hi, there is a little cable that is attached to that stud which has a thumb screw attached to the end. it is routed to the right side of the fairing bracket. see the hole in the fairing bracket brace in your photo. there is the same setup on the right side and the thumb screw mounts into it. unfortunately there is no part number for the cable in the parts list for the sport or supersport that i have. you probably could whip up something that could work. i have never had to fix one of those so i don't have any tricks. anybody out there have a fix? blaster
Maico88
model: 750 Sport
year: 1990

Re: odometer question

Post by Maico88 »

Thanks! :lol: I looked at the right side bracket, and I can see where something had been installed there. I guess that I will see if I can make a cable assembly.