750 sport rebuilder

discussion about the 750 Sport and '89/'90 900SS, which share many mechanicals with the Paso series
Tiddles

750 sport rebuilder

Post by Tiddles »

Hi I've been searching for info on 750 sport for some time and this seems to be the best place for info and tips. I took ownership of my 750 last easter and had some good trips except for the fact that she's running rich. I read with interest the posting about the fuel pump and weber carbs (which mine are) and am going to address this on re-build.
I currently have the bike in bits in my shed. The frame is painted and waiting to receive the motor and swing arm (currently being worked on) then it is time to attend to the fairings, electrics and front end. All in all the bike was in very reasonable condition except for scratched fairings and a dent in the tank, and the running rich problem when i took ownership. I'm looking forward to finishing the re-build and returning her to the open road!
It's good to know that there is support out there for such a 'rare' machine and i'll prob be picking your collective brains in the not too distant!!!
Here is a pic of the bike before i went mad with the spanners :!:
[imgImageimg]
englishstiv
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Re: 750 sport rebuilder

Post by englishstiv »

Welcome Tiddles, although I can't help re this model from an owners point of view, there are plenty on here that will I am sure.

Clean looking bike are you keeping the colour scheme?

That engine - from I can see of it looks very clean - low mileage maybe?

Also would be useful if you could add your location we are from all around the world on here. :thumbup:
DUCATI 907ie 1992
HARLEY DAVIDSON ELECTRA GLIDE CLASSIC 1991
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by higgy »

Welcome Tiddles,
I too am in the middle of fixing my 44dcnf weber on a 906. Put a set of 4.0 auxilliary venturis in and am waiting on some more jets to arrive. I'll let you know where I end up
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
Tiddles

Post by Tiddles »

Thanks for your welcomes guys! I'm in Dublin (Ireland) and the bike originated in the UK (full Duc service history with documents).
There are 15,000 miles on the clock and apart from a few leaks due to dried up gaskets and seals and superficial cracks and scratches to fairings she's in very good order.
I intend to keep the colour scheme as the green fairings, white frame and red wheels are a nice tribute to it's Italian roots!!!
There will be a couple of personal touches when finished, but all in all I intend to keep it pretty standard (for now!)
The motor itself is unpainted alloy with black pots and heads with the cam belt covers, rocker covers and cam bearing caps gold.
All i need now is some nicely coloured silicone style tubing for the breather hoses and carbs to finish off the looks!!!!

Higgy, looking forward to hearing how you get on with that.... best of luck :beer:
Carlsberg don't do carbs, but if they did...........................

I';ll try and post some more pics throughout the re-build.

T.
ducinthebay
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Sport
year: 1990

Post by ducinthebay »

Tiddles,
Welcome. Nice bike. I love the color scheme. It looks like the previous owner definitely spent some time on it. The cases were originally black, so the engine has probably been apart at some time, and of course the frame was originally red. That's a lot of work right there. I wonder what else he did when it was apart.

For that rich running engine, make sure the jet is removed from the return line to the fuel tank. Just replace the tubing, as it probably needs it anyway. The other modification is a fuel pressure regulator set at 3 psi. Glad to see another one in good nick. I hope you get it all back together before the weather turns nice.

cheers,
Phil
Duc in the Bay
1990 750 Sport x2-Rosso Blanko (900ss copy) & Nuovo Nudo (Scrambler project)
1991 907 -mostly stock
2002 ST4s - Lots of mods.