Rear Seat Cover

discussion about the 750 Sport and '89/'90 900SS, which share many mechanicals with the Paso series
750supnorth

Rear Seat Cover

Post by 750supnorth »

I am assuming it's not possible to get hold of a rear cover from any manufacturers of after market parts?

If not does anyone have a dimensional drawing available?

I was thinking about trying to make a fibre glass replacement or at least attempt to make one, so a dimensional drawing or if some kind soul could give me the major dimensions I could then try to figure how it could be done.
:roll:
v2barn
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Re: Rear Seat Cover

Post by v2barn »

Hello, I was just trawling the 750 sport posts for general info and found your post here; i just picked up an 89 750 sport 'project' and it has the rear cover with it - i live in a village just south of Grantham, if you are still looking to reproduce a cover your welcome to pop over and take whatever measurements you need. Cheers, Jon
ducinthebay
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Sport

Post by ducinthebay »

The fast and easy way to make one is to use the existing part as a pattern and mold fiberglass over it to make a duplicate part. Just spray the original part with mold release, which you can get from anyfiberglass product supplier. The new part will be stronger and lighter than the stock one.

Cheers,
Duc in the Bay
1990 750 Sport x2-Rosso Blanko (900ss copy) & Nuovo Nudo (Scrambler project)
1991 907 -mostly stock
2002 ST4s - Lots of mods.
carlopalmas
model: 750 Sport

Post by carlopalmas »

Guys:
I have a seat cover but it has seen better days. Let me know what you do... I'm happy to kick in some money to help out with off setting the set up costs. Also interested in buying a seat cover.

Does anyone have th expertise/ability to do the same type of work for the right and left side fairings? Would love to take the factory set off and run with a set of cheap aftermarket fairings.

Living in Sardegna.... shipment from my brothers in the EU shouldn't be too bad...

Thanks!
Carlo
englishstiv
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by englishstiv »

out of interest I was going to fabricate one for my 907ie as I had a cover on my old monster , I would be interested to see photo's of one of the ones already fabricated as I would like to see how they are secured to the bodywork without altering the side panels too much? Is it clipped onto the rear of the seat panel?
DUCATI 907ie 1992
HARLEY DAVIDSON ELECTRA GLIDE CLASSIC 1991
v2barn
model: 906 Paso

Post by v2barn »

The seat cover has two tangs on the rear edge which slide in to 2 slots which you will see cut in the top edge of your tail / seat unit, and it is then secured on the lower edge on both sides by two screws which locate in to a captive nut which you should be able to see on either side of your seat lower edge; if i could work out how to post pictures on here i would :dunno:
The only real way of reproducing them would be to do as ducinthebay suggests and cast a mold form an existing cover; it is a long time since i did any glass work but i still have some f/glass mat and some carbon fiber.
I am a newby to this model, is there a demand for some seat covers out there? did they all come with one or were they an optional extra or just been lost? my sport is red and silver, my seat cover is silver which matches the top of the tank, all the other pictures i have seen of similar bikes have the seat cover red?? mine looks to be factory paint has inspection signature underneath and no overspray etc. to suggest it has been re-done Jon :beer:
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by jcslocum »

How to post pics is in the TECH section at the top of the forum. It's not all that hard.