Greetings and some questions

discussion about the 750 Sport and '89/'90 900SS, which share many mechanicals with the Paso series
DUC750s89

Greetings and some questions

Post by DUC750s89 »

Hi im the proud owner of a heavy modified 750s 1989, and have som issus id like to adress on it. First what are the dimension of the oilcooler lines ( and can i bay those at any leanght ?)
Im a newbie my first DUC. I need a link to filters KN if possible for the weber44. And the last and for me importent issue any manuals an info PDF ?? Im sorry for the english writing, but i hope it can be read :-)
Tamburinifan
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991

Re: Greetings and some questions

Post by Tamburinifan »

Welcome!
Workshop manual here: http://ducatipaso.org/docs/sport/Worksh ... _Sport.zip

Where are you located (please fill in profile)?
Gert

907 I.E. -91
M900 -97
MTS 1100s -07
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by jcslocum »

DUC750s89 wrote:Hi im the proud owner of a heavy modified 750s 1989, and have som issus id like to adress on it. First what are the dimension of the oilcooler lines ( and can i bay those at any leanght ?)
The oil cooler lines cannot be repaired at home. You will have to take them to a local (I hope) and have the cut the fittings off of the ends and install new hose onto the original fittings. The fittings are swedged (crimped) onto the hose and a regular hose clamp will not really work. I just had this done on my 750 F1 and it cost $50.00 US. I had them special order the cloth covered hose so that it matched the original type used by the factory. If I had used regular rubber oil line the cost for the 2 hoses that are about 48 inches long would have been closer to $30

Where are you located?
jetboy
model: 750 Sport
year: 1990

Post by jetboy »

If you want to not go stock: you can use the fittings from later SS and monster oil coolers if you swap out the nipples at the engine case. the smaller diameter nipples screw right as a direct replacement to the sport- $17 a piece from the dealer, or get some off an old ss engine like i did. I am not sure if you can do the same to the oil cooler itself, as i just used an SS oil cooler as it already had the correct fittings.

I offer this because it gives the option to use stainless steel lines from many of the later model bikes-- and you could probably get some made if none of them are long enough.
289cdo

Post by 289cdo »

hi their i have a k/n filter on my 750 sport. the part number is:k/n 56-1120. hope this helps :thumbup: