speedo drive ?

discussion about the 750 Sport and '89/'90 900SS, which share many mechanicals with the Paso series
snakey
model: 750 Sport
year: 1989

speedo drive ?

Post by snakey »

does any one know of any speedo drives that will fit on a 750 sport with 16 inch rims, the inside of mine fell out on a stretch of dual carriageway so there is no chance of finding it, just wondering if anyone knows of anything that will do the job.

Pete.
btlofrum

Re: speedo drive ?

Post by btlofrum »

Did you just break the tab washer, or did more of the assembly fall out? I'm not sure how it "fell out" since it should be kept in place by the axle.

At any rate, there must be someone here who converted to 17" rims who has one for you.

Ben
btlofrum

Post by btlofrum »

Pete - check out http://search.ebay.com/310150465753

It's a Veglia, and looks quite like the one from the Sport. No guarantees that the ratio is correct, but if no one else bids, it's only a $10 bet.

Ben
snakey

Post by snakey »

btlofrum wrote:Pete - check out http://search.ebay.com/310150465753

It's a Veglia, and looks quite like the one from the Sport. No guarantees that the ratio is correct, but if no one else bids, it's only a $10 bet.

Ben
Looks like the one , but he only ships to US,Thanks anyway.

Pete.
snakey

Post by snakey »

btlofrum wrote:Did you just break the tab washer, or did more of the assembly fall out? I'm not sure how it "fell out" since it should be kept in place by the axle.

At any rate, there must be someone here who converted to 17" rims who has one for you.

Ben

I had a KPH to MPH converter fitted and this fell,out it was attached to the thread where the cable normally fits, the screw thread has pulled out with it leaving a crimped end at the converter end and a hole in the drive end that looks as if a drive shaft has fallen out .
Pete
btlofrum

Post by btlofrum »

I've never seen that happen before. On my GT, the unit stopped spinning freely and mashed up the tab washer. And I snapped the speedo cable on my Monster. But I've never pulled the threaded end off of any of my bikes.

At any rate, if it's something you want to bid on, I'm sure any number of us can help ship it to you.

Ben
snakey

Post by snakey »

I have taken a couple of pics of what has fallen apart but can;t seem to post them, the brass part where the cable screws onto has pulled out of the main body (looks like the splines are worn) and the worm drive has fallen out through the hole. I have a drive box from an aprillia 125 as suggested else where on a page of alternative parts, but externally it is different, I might be able to use some of the internals though.

Pete.