Need Fuel Petcock? Is it from Paso?

discussion about the 750 Sport and '89/'90 900SS, which share many mechanicals with the Paso series
StudioScarab

Need Fuel Petcock? Is it from Paso?

Post by StudioScarab »

I'm missing some parts from my bike and am having a hard time finding gas cap assembly (I think I found an aftermarket that fits) and still need a fuel petcock assembly. Is there two (for the two carbs) or only one lever, can someone please help me out with this info, I'm not sure if one from a Paso might fit.

thanks
Monte Moore
www.maverickcustompaint.com (custom bike paint)
ducinthebay
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Sport
year: 1990

Re: Need Fuel Petcock? Is it from Paso?

Post by ducinthebay »

Monte,
I don't know if the Paso petcock is the same or not, but I do know that you don't need one. I removed my petcock years ago with out any negative consequences. The threads in the tank are a standard 10mm x 1.0, which is a standard brake banjo bolt from any Brembo system. (many Japanese brakes have a slightly different pitch) I found a banjo fuel fitting for a 10mm bolt at a store that sold repair parts for a DeLorean. Fits nice and tight. I also added some quick release fittings in line. If you feel you need the shut off, get one of the vacuum operated shutoff from a Monster. they are small and run off of vacuum from your intakes, and they are cheap on E-bay.

Cheers,
Duc in the Bay
1990 750 Sport x2-Rosso Blanko (900ss copy) & Nuovo Nudo (Scrambler project)
1991 907 -mostly stock
2002 ST4s - Lots of mods.
btlofrum

Post by btlofrum »

http://search.ebay.com/290326771449

Not sure why there's a keyhole on this one, but the seller says it works without the missing key...

Ben
ducinthebay
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Sport
year: 1990

Post by ducinthebay »

Looks correct. As long as nobody turns that key cylinder, it looks like it will work well.
Duc in the Bay
1990 750 Sport x2-Rosso Blanko (900ss copy) & Nuovo Nudo (Scrambler project)
1991 907 -mostly stock
2002 ST4s - Lots of mods.