how to ruin a Sport

discussion about the 750 Sport and '89/'90 900SS, which share many mechanicals with the Paso series
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

how to ruin a Sport

Post by paso750 »

Duc750
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1993

Re: how to ruin a Sport

Post by Duc750 »

Whats worrying is the time and effort gone into ruining it !

Surely at asome point with that sort of project youjust step back, take a look and think "What am I doing" and then stop! :oops:
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Post by Mc tool »

Oh dear :,( , maybe the next one will be better
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
Mustang505
model: 750 Sport
year: 1988

Post by Mustang505 »

I think you guys need to be a bit more open minded. i quite like what hes done. shows lots of inguenity. Not all sports have to look the same. the scale of work involved to do all those mods is huge. only when you try some of it do you realise how much work is needed. give the guy some kudos for doing a project of that scale. most sports end being discarded - at least this one is still going and operational. easy to critize when someone has never attempted anything like that. most guys only get as far as discussing what tyres to fit!!!!!
Cheers
Clive
ducinthebay
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by ducinthebay »

Not quite sure what to say. Maybe he's allowed to race in a class if he keeps the stock motor, tank, and frame. Other than that, he would be better off with a 748.

No doubt, a lot of work there. I'm just not sure why.
Duc in the Bay
1990 750 Sport x2-Rosso Blanko (900ss copy) & Nuovo Nudo (Scrambler project)
1991 907 -mostly stock
2002 ST4s - Lots of mods.
ir_joep
year: 1989

Post by ir_joep »

Hi,

Altough most parts are beautiful on their own and even beautiful on the bikes were they came from, where the "fit" to the rest of the design, this bike does not got one design or idea.

I'm like the TT1 frame but do not know to speak italian, what does it say?

Cheers Joep
Maico88

Post by Maico88 »

This site will translate websites from one language to another. I have used it numerous times with mixed results. http://babelfish.yahoo.com/
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by higgy »

google's chrome browser can be setup to do it automajically with a minimum of fuss :thumbup:
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
avhpaso

Post by avhpaso »

I used the auto translate on google and it is interesting the translation is not quite perfect one could be cruel and say a little like the project bike
But seriously what it does show is how these bike have evovled out of the same DNA
I think its interesting but he must have got all the bits cheap otherwise it would just cost too much to do
scimmione

Post by scimmione »

Mustang505 wrote:I think you guys need to be a bit more open minded. i quite like what hes done. shows lots of inguenity. Not all sports have to look the same. the scale of work involved to do all those mods is huge. only when you try some of it do you realise how much work is needed. give the guy some kudos for doing a project of that scale. most sports end being discarded - at least this one is still going and operational. easy to critize when someone has never attempted anything like that. most guys only get as far as discussing what tyres to fit!!!!!

Anyone who has read Paso750's "never ending love story" has had their perspective altered. Unfortunately (or fortunately) anything less than concourse quality will be looked at askance.
Wish I'd bought the 990 years ago
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by paso750 »

as it`s my bike you´re referring to. It´s not even close to concours condition. It´s not even original in many details. I`d just like it to be in best possible condition for when it gets back on the road and I`d like to have all flaws eliminated.
I do like custom vehicles but I think it`s a tightrope walk when you start to modify the looks heavily specially when mixing parts from new vehicles with old ones. As a consequence all my changes are below the fairing.
I personally don´t mind the looks of the swingarm, fork and wheels on this Sport but the rear seat/fairing/exhaust is a no go. Imho same as the front fender.

Interesting btw that the pictures show two different swingarms and forks.

G.