16 inch tyre campaign to Bridgestone

discussion about the 750 Sport and '89/'90 900SS, which share many mechanicals with the Paso series
customhead
model: 750 Sport
year: 1988

16 inch tyre campaign to Bridgestone

Post by customhead »

Hi guys,

I have prepared with the help of a mate of mine a document pleading Bridgestone to start making 16" tyre sets for Ducati's in both english and japanese. dont worry, the translation is excellent.... :thumbup:

I also have access to the appropriate peoples emails at bridgestone as one of my Japanese mates used to be one of their tyre testers and is still sponsored by them.

I would like to get this out worldwide and ask as many people to sign it as possible, i was thinking thru club websites and forums.

the problem is I do not want the bridgestone tyre r and d boss getting a cupla thousand emails. I would like to present him with a couple of emails with a few thousand signatures instead.

I have also created a facebook page. this gives me one classic and one modern avenue to go down to obtain a level of support to put a good case forward to bridgestone.

So please! become a friend, post a picture, pass on the link or get some names on the document and post it back to my PM area etc and get the message out to all your mates and contacts.

Lets give them a strong message. :-P

cheers

Sean :thumbup:
Attachments
16 inch tyre proposal.docx.zip
(92.69 KiB) Downloaded 404 times
customhead

Re: 16 inch tyre campaign to Bridgestone

Post by customhead »

sorry, heres a link to the facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 2147568448

get on it!

by the way please understand this is not advertising etc
I just want the option of keeping 16's on our bikes
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

with which bike volumes and tire sales per year did you calculate ?
You know what a new tooling, r&d, approvals, retooling of the machinery, distribution and storage cost (variant costs etc) ?
If you`d calculate a business case with an appropriate sales margin as a requirement you won´t even get break even. Due to the low sales volumes (total and per year) the production numbers would have to be rather low otherwise it`s very likely many distributors would end up with old stock.
I don´t think this effort stands a chance (sorry) but it`s definetely good keeping on trying.
No intention to discourage, just being realistic.

G.
customhead

Post by customhead »

I realise the project may not come to fruition and volumes will be low, but I think someone has to give it a go and with modern social networking...well who knows?

Sean

ps, could someone repost on the PASO 750 side for me or am I able to do that?
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

ps, could someone repost on the PASO 750 side for me or am I able to do that?
done