It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
 Post subject: Re: 750 Sport restoration project
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:12 pm 

model: 750 Sport
year: 1988
Hi David,
sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I'm supposed to be notified when there's a comment in this thread but it didn't work for some reason. Sounds like the same dents I have in mine.
They made some great bikes back in "the day". They didn't all look the same. Some of the bikes I lusted after were the Moto Guzzi LeMans 3, Gilera Saturno, Aprillia RS250, MacIntosh 1000 and on and on it goes :lol: .
I actually looked up a heap of Mito videos on Youtube after seeing your tank photo which then took me to the RS125 videos and...... I gotta stop torturing myself :banghead: :lol: .

Cheers
Andrew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:19 am 

Hi Andrew,

Gilera Saturno .... very very tempted to get one at the moment, but think I might get lynched .... between bikes at home, at my sister and my parents, dont think I need another one, then ...... maybe.

note to self .... finish the ones that are in progress first. One of them, altho' not italian will be a shedload of fun,

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:31 am 

Same here mate.
I took the 750SS out for a spin today,only the second time in 12 months. I'm getting old :dunno: . I love my sports bikes but that was an uncomfortable but enjoyable experience :shock: :lol: . I think I might take up yoga to extend my sport bike riding years. That's what I get from riding dual sports the last dozen years....soft :roll: .
I'm actually looking at selling the SS and getting a early Multistrada,maybe one of the first ones.....or a Cagiva Elefant.....or a TL600.....or a Cagiva Gran Canyon....or,or,or....or keep my marriage and balls intact and keep what I've got :,( :lol: . Nah,the SS has to go :thumbup:

Cheers
Andrew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:47 am 

Hi all,
Well I did end up getting another Ducati. A 2007 Multistrada.

It's certainly different from any of my other Dukes. Heaps of power and really quick steering. The ride height adjuster is wound right up so I'll have a play with that and see if I can slow the steering down a bit. I'd also like to be leaning a bit more forward so will have to look into some lower bars.

Cheers
Andrew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:50 am 

Now onto another looming problem. Apparently Photobucket is going to start charging $400 a year to host my photos. If I don't pay up they will delete all my photos. It would be a shame to see all the photos disappear from this thread soooooo...... any suggestions on how to keep all the photos in place here??.

Cheers
Andrew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:17 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Paso
year: 1987
Quote:
Now onto another looming problem. Apparently Photobucket is going to start charging $400 a year to host my photos. If I don't pay up they will delete all my photos. It would be a shame to see all the photos disappear from this thread soooooo...... any suggestions on how to keep all the photos in place here??.

Since yesterday also all my pictures I had linked to this forum are gone. Incl. all from the FAQs :mad: This is a major problem. I didn't realize this would happen otherwise I'd had thought about something before. This will happen to everyone else.
Of course pictures that were uploaded to the forum will not be affected.
Now all pictures need to be hosted somewhere else ot attached to the post they were in. :drunk: That`ll be a bit of work.
The only good thing is that via right-mouse-click and 'properties' one can still identify the file name.

G.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:41 am 

I've been to my Photobucket account and there's nothing saying they are going to do this that I can see but the internet is rife with it. How do I screen shot each page. If I lose all the photos on this thread maybe I can put them back up with another host by copying everything from screenshots.

Cheers
Andrew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:16 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

Just go on 'File' of your browser and select 'save as'.
In Windows Internet Explorer you can chose 'file type': 'whole website (*.htm, *.html)' or "webarchive, single file (*.mht)".
The result is the same on both. The first will just create a html file plus a folder with all pictures. The second will create one single file including everything.
If you don`t require the single pictures for further use you can go with the latter. You'll have to do this for every page of your topic.

There are offline browsers. Programs like HTTrack can download a complete website. You wouldn't be able to download just your topic with that tho.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:27 am 

I've saved all the pages to word so I'll be able to match the photos up at a later date. Why have all your photos disappeared and mine haven't??.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:30 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

I don`t know. Maybe because my account was older or I had more pictures in there (or they created more traffic). No idea. There are numerous topics in other forums about this.

Where possible (because not in the middle of some text) I will attach the pictures to the posts. That's the easiest.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:49 am 

Someone on another forum suggested this could be a last minute money grab by directors of a company that is about to go into liquidation. Who knows?. Can't figure out any other reason why you would go from free to a massive $400 fee.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25