750 Sport restoration project

discussion about the 750 Sport and '89/'90 900SS, which share many mechanicals with the Paso series
Andrew2
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Sport
year: 1988

Re: 750 Sport restoration project

Post by Andrew2 »

It's worked for Ian all these years, something about racks full of round/square case engines and so on :lol: :lol: :lol:

Onya

Peter
:lol: :lol:
deswoodau

Post by deswoodau »

No urban legend gents, there's apparently around 100 sets of them sitting in rural NSW. They're rare in a sense that nobody else has NOS sets for sale…….not that I'm aware of anyway.

Ian has been very helpful to me over the years and we're lucky to have him located right here in Aus :)
Andrew2
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Andrew2 »

deswoodau wrote:....and we're lucky to have him located right here in Aus :)
Got to agree with that :thumbup: .I find his prices reasonable too.

Cheers
Andrew
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

Hey old mate, I have been a bit scarce of late. Have you got the Sport registered & out on the road? An update on how she is would be grand. Any news on they MHR project?

Cheers
James
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
Andrew2
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Andrew2 »

redpaso wrote:Hey old mate, I have been a bit scarce of late. Have you got the Sport registered & out on the road? An update on how she is would be grand. Any news on they MHR project?

Cheers
James

G'day James,
the Sport won't get registered until she's old enough for club/vintage plates which I think is about 20 months or so away. I put the MHR on club plates and registered the 750SS. The SS is getting a bit of money spent on her at the moment with new tyres,belts,oil,brake pads and fork seals and new steering head bearings. Haven't those bearings gone up in price since I last bought a set.I'll see if I can get some photos up.
Are you coming down for the Barry Sheene Classic in a couple of weeks?.There'll be a special guest of honour attending...yep Peter will be there ( aka bmw851) from this site. Oh,and some fella called Freddie Spencer is making an appearance if he shows up :lol:

Cheers
Andrew
bmw851
model: other

Post by bmw851 »

Kraft Cheese's don't I feel special...

My mate Muz is now running the FZR1000 in Period 6, will let you know which pit garage when I find out, we can meet up there, also may be bringing Phil along if his dickie ticker will let him get out for a few hours without keeling over, you 2 can swap Morrie stories :lol: .

Speaking of which

Still have Phil's RSV in the shed along side the Tuono and R100RS, isn't possession is 9/10ths of the law, muwawawa.

It's always like old home week at the BSFS, blokes you use to race against, all 30 years older and looking it, me well and truly included, but still out there having fun, now where's that zimmer frame.
Last edited by bmw851 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
So long, and thanks for all the fish...............

https://www.facebook.com/PDBCustomGuitars
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

Hey Andrew, Good news about the MHR & good idea on the sport, as long as you have one Ducati that's registered for the road you are a Lucky man, the rest is just icing on the Italian cake!

As for the BSFS I am hoping to get there but that is dependant on the arrival of my second grand child, due at the same time & probably more reliable than old Maybe Spencer. It would be good to see him scoot round Eastern Creek. I heard Maria Costello will be there also ( second fastest lady around the IOM TT course) if I can get there it would be great to catch up with some blokes from this site.
Peter, that is a beautiful F1, I would die a happy man if I had one in my shed!
Speaking of my shed I just bought a CBX250 for my daughter to learn on, we will be doing a cafe conversion first of course. She is getting right into it & that means I am going to get some shed time in soon.

Cheers
James
Redpaso
bmw851

Post by bmw851 »

Hi James, I could only wish that was mine, it was a mate of Andrew's race bike back in the 80's who was a mate of my mate.

All sounds very confusing, and a small world as well, absolutely beautiful bike in the flesh, Andrew's mate Morrie was a seriously fast racer and that F1 was magic to watch being punted around Amaroo.

Sorry for the confusion.

Cheers

Peter

Andrew2
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Andrew2 »

redpaso wrote:Hey Andrew, Good news about the MHR & good idea on the sport, as long as you have one Ducati that's registered for the road you are a Lucky man, the rest is just icing on the Italian cake!

As for the BSFS I am hoping to get there but that is dependant on the arrival of my second grand child, due at the same time & probably more reliable than old Maybe Spencer. It would be good to see him scoot round Eastern Creek. I heard Maria Costello will be there also ( second fastest lady around the IOM TT course) if I can get there it would be great to catch up with some blokes from this site.
Peter, that is a beautiful F1, I would die a happy man if I had one in my shed!
Speaking of my shed I just bought a CBX250 for my daughter to learn on, we will be doing a cafe conversion first of course. She is getting right into it & that means I am going to get some shed time in soon.

Cheers
James
James,
I've sent you a PM

Cheers
Andrew
Andrew2
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Andrew2 »

bmw851 wrote:Kraft Cheese's don't I feel special...

Speaking of which

Still have Phil's RSV in the shed along side the Tuono and R100RS, isn't possession is 9/10ths of the law, muwawawa.

It's always like old home week at the BSFS, blokes you use to race against, all 30 years older and looking it, me well and truly included, but still out there having fun, now where's that zimmer frame.
That's ok owning the RSV but can you ride it "old fella" :lol: If your like me you wouldn't be able to straighten up for a week :,(
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

Hey Peter, no confusion, whoever owns it it is a beautiful Ducati!
The Morrie you refer to is not Graham Morris is it? just noticing the Fraser's signage on it.
ow good a track was Amaroo, didnt get to see a lot of racing there (not in the flesh anyway but heaps on telly) & did a few riding courses there. Pity its a housing estate these days, such a waste.

Andrew, thanks I have stored your number & will keep in touch, it would be great to get there & catch up.

cheers
James
Redpaso
bmw851

Post by bmw851 »

Andrew2 wrote:That's ok owning the RSV but can you ride it "old fella" :lol: If your like me you wouldn't be able to straighten up for a week :,(
But that's why the Sport went, now I'm very sad again, DKD is having fun with it though when he can pry the keys back from his son, it's even better having something exotic to stare at with no money involved though...

James, sorry, no not GM, who is a legend as well.

Andrew would know the right spelling it is Morrie/Morry something Italian sounding surname, how far wrong am I A2, he worked for Fraser's and a Tech. and lives in W.A. now.

Cheers

Peter

Andrew2
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Andrew2 »

bmw851 wrote:
Andrew2 wrote:That's ok owning the RSV but can you ride it "old fella" :lol: If your like me you wouldn't be able to straighten up for a week :,(
But that's why the Sport went, now I'm very sad again, DKD is having fun with it though when he can pry the keys back from his son, it's even better having something exotic to stare at with no money involved though...

James, sorry, no not GM, who is a legend as well.

Andrew would know the right spelling it is Morrie/Morry something Italian sounding surname, how far wrong am I A2, he worked for Fraser's and a Tech. and lives in W.A. now.

Cheers

Peter
Andrew2
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Andrew2 »

Maurice Cantarella :lol: .He was the head mechanic at Fraser's in WA. He also worked for Brook Henry at V-Two. Some unfavorable stories there ;)
He then worked for himself wrenching Dukes and is now in the mines.
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

Hey Andrew, you may havre noticed I did not get to the Barry Sheene Festival of Speed but I do have a new grand-daughter!
I hope you have plenty of pics of classic Ducati's to share with us here mate!
Cheers
James
Redpaso