Norway callling! New member.

discussion about the 750 Sport and '89/'90 900SS, which share many mechanicals with the Paso series
Andrew2
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Sport
year: 1988

Re: Norway callling! New member.

Post by Andrew2 »

Your bike looks fantastic Reo.I especially like the single seat.

Cheers
Andrew
reo
year: 1990

Post by reo »

Andrew2 wrote:Your bike looks fantastic Reo.I especially like the single seat.

Cheers
Andrew
Thanks. I agree :lol: :lol:

Best regards, Rune.
reo

Post by reo »

Hi.
I've used a couple of hours this morning and moved the coils, and turned the horizontal carburetor. For the first time the bike started on the first attempt and went to idle without stopping. Do not know why, but that was the result.
I have not tested driving yet , thought I'd listen to you experts on this forum first.
Will there be any problems with the carburetor placed in that angle of the cylinder?

Before:

Now:

Appreciate input from members because carburetors are not my forte. :,(

Best regards, Rune.
ducinthebay
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by ducinthebay »

For any motor, a bigger aircleaner is better. The ones you have are rather short. I use ones twice the length after I added elbows.
I see that you have the big velocity stacks on the carbs already, and also don't have accelerator pumps on that version of carbs. Don't add a quick turn throttle to that setup, it will bog when you whack the throttle open. (go too lean temporarily)

I think the carb angle is a bit too severe. According to the Dellorto manual, 40 degrees is the max installed angle. I can't determine the angle you have, but venture to say its more than 40 degrees.
http://www.ducatimeccanica.com/dellorto ... rto_2.html
You may run the main jet dry at times with the current setup. The Keihins can run at that angle, as they are designed to be a down draft carb, but not the Dellortos, they are side drafts and can't tolerate that angle. But if it works for you, then its good.

p.s. A few things to sort out.
- The vent tubes from the carbs are attached to eachother, and should go to atmosphere.
- Also, one of the nipples on the bottom of your tank is blocked off. Its either the return for the carbs, or the vent for the tank, which should be vented to atmosphere. Either way, it should be utilized.

Cheers,
Duc in the Bay
1990 750 Sport x2-Rosso Blanko (900ss copy) & Nuovo Nudo (Scrambler project)
1991 907 -mostly stock
2002 ST4s - Lots of mods.
reo

Post by reo »

ducinthebay wrote:For any motor, a bigger aircleaner is better. The ones you have are rather short. I use ones twice the length after I added elbows.
I see that you have the big velocity stacks on the carbs already, and also don't have accelerator pumps on that version of carbs. Don't add a quick turn throttle to that setup, it will bog when you whack the throttle open. (go too lean temporarily)

I think the carb angle is a bit too severe. According to the Dellorto manual, 40 degrees is the max installed angle. I can't determine the angle you have, but venture to say its more than 40 degrees.
http://www.ducatimeccanica.com/dellorto ... rto_2.html
You may run the main jet dry at times with the current setup. The Keihins can run at that angle, as they are designed to be a down draft carb, but not the Dellortos, they are side drafts and can't tolerate that angle. But if it works for you, then its good.

p.s. A few things to sort out.
- The vent tubes from the carbs are attached to eachother, and should go to atmosphere.
- Also, one of the nipples on the bottom of your tank is blocked off. Its either the return for the carbs, or the vent for the tank, which should be vented to atmosphere. Either way, it should be utilized.

Cheers,
Hi.

Thanks for the answer. I have tested now, and it matches what you suspect. I did not get enough fuel during heavy acceleration, so I have now turned back carburetor. I also measured the angle, and it was a few degrees above the recommended.The tubes from the carbs and the nipples( which is the return from the tank) has been like this all time, but it does not mean that it is correct. :D :D I will look at this as well. I have also ordered 90 degrees elbow to air filters.

Best regards, Rune.
serious black

Post by serious black »

Hei Rune. I live in Stavanger and picked up a 750 Sport engine and good GiaCoMoto exhaust for not much money last year. It has the complete wiring, Ingintion, regulator, carb and airbox and needs a good home. Are you interested?