Idle adjustment help

discussion about the 750 Sport and '89/'90 900SS, which share many mechanicals with the Paso series
ttowles
model: 750 Sport
year: 1993

Idle adjustment help

Post by ttowles »

Hi All,
New member here, I have a 1993 750 SS, Half Fairing, Red.
Denver, Colorado.
My idle is running a little too slow. Does anyone have a photo (or instructions) of where the idle adjustment screw is located?
Thanks Todd
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Re: Idle adjustment help

Post by paso750 »

Hi,

on the Mikuni the idle adjuster screw is in the front right where the throttle cables are mounted.
Do not mix up the idle adjuster screw with the one more behind at the throttle linkage as this one is for synchronization so don`t touch it.

from http://www.ducatisuite.com/
G.
ttowles
model: 750 Sport
year: 1993

Post by ttowles »

Thank you, awesome.

This is a photo of the BOTTOM of the Carbs, right? so, can I get to the adjustment when its on the bike or do I have to remove this?
giocast
model: 900 SS
year: 1990

Post by giocast »

yes Todd, it's the BOTTOM shot of the carbs and no, you don't have to remove anything but it is slightly easier with fairings removed if they are of the 'full' variety. Best method is to find a variety of long screwdrivers and lay on your back with a good torch alongside bike (steering on lock might help) with feet pointing towards the back. Once you've worked out where the two screws are, you could put a dob of white paint on one or both of them to help you find them next time.
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Post by Mc tool »

For ease of use I have replaced both the idle speed screw and the carb balance screw with cap screws ( allen , socket head.... calll em what you will ) and I use a looooong ( home made ) ball end magnetic allen wrench . Makes adjustment a hellofalot easier :)
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time