Limited Edition 750 sport

discussion about the 750 Sport and '89/'90 900SS, which share many mechanicals with the Paso series
LimitedEdition
model: 750 Sport
year: 1989

Re: Limited Edition 750 sport

Post by LimitedEdition »

Here's my bike on wednesday night before the 2 hour rideout. Baring in mind that it has not yet been serviced and is as it was put in the shed 11 years ago: Image
ducinthebay
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1990

Post by ducinthebay »

Indeed a lovely paint scheme. The rear hugger has been tossed, and the previous owner has made a new chain guard. Besides the turn signals and the GioCaMoto exhaust, the rest of the bike looks pretty much stock. Yes, that pipe is loud, but it does sound good. I spent Saturday behind Gunther who had the same pipe on his 750 Paso.

The rear fender has been trimmed down a bit also. I like the tinted wind screen. Looks good on that paint scheme.

Cheers, Phil
Duc in the Bay
1990 750 Sport x2-Rosso Blanko (900ss copy) & Nuovo Nudo (Scrambler project)
1991 907 -mostly stock
2002 ST4s - Lots of mods.
LimitedEdition

Post by LimitedEdition »

ducinthebay wrote:Indeed a lovely paint scheme. The rear hugger has been tossed, and the previous owner has made a new chain guard. Besides the turn signals and the GioCaMoto exhaust, the rest of the bike looks pretty much stock. Yes, that pipe is loud, but it does sound good. I spent Saturday behind Gunther who had the same pipe on his 750 Paso.

The rear fender has been trimmed down a bit also. I like the tinted wind screen. Looks good on that paint scheme.

Cheers, Phil

The screen is cracked :( but as its an original screen (little elephant) I'll just be getting some black vinyl and covering the crack on both sides to make it look like abit of trim, I would like a rear hugger but atm I'm abit short of money.
ducinthebay
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by ducinthebay »

Someone on the list took a hugger from an SS and made it fit. Very similar. Some modification may be needed. Cheap on e-bay or other sources as a lot of folks put on carbon fiber bits.

Windscreens are on the website for Zero Gravity, but they don't always have them in stock.

Cheers, Phil
Duc in the Bay
1990 750 Sport x2-Rosso Blanko (900ss copy) & Nuovo Nudo (Scrambler project)
1991 907 -mostly stock
2002 ST4s - Lots of mods.
reo

Post by reo »

LimitedEdition wrote:Here's my bike on wednesday night before the 2 hour rideout. Baring in mind that it has not yet been serviced and is as it was put in the shed 11 years ago: Image
Nice bike.
What is it that is mounted on the swing arm behind the footrest?

REO
Rhino
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by Rhino »

REO

Do you mean the black circular "thing" behind the rider's footpeg?

If you do that's the glass tax disc holder used to hold and display (a legal requirement) the tax discs that show that the bike can be used on the road in Great Britain.

All vehicles MUST have AND display them. They show that the relevant tax (for use on the British roads) has been paid.

The vehicle will attract different levels of tax depending on size/age/use etc. Vintage cars/bikes are exempt if they predate a certain date (I think it's 1975 - I'm unsure). Even if the vehicle is exempt from tax they mut still display a ZERO tax disc to thet effect. While this seems crazy . . . to obtain the disc you must show a test certificate proving roadworthiness and a current insurance document.

Hope that helps
Rhino

If God rides a Harley . . .
Then the Devil rides a Duke!
Derek
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1994

Post by Derek »

Rhino wrote: ...All vehicles MUST have AND display them. They show that the relevant tax (for use on the British roads) has been paid.

The vehicle will attract different levels of tax depending on size/age/use etc. Vintage cars/bikes are exempt if they predate a certain date (I think it's 1975 - I'm unsure). Even if the vehicle is exempt from tax they mut still display a ZERO tax disc to thet effect. While this seems crazy . . . to obtain the disc you must show a test certificate proving roadworthiness and a current insurance document.
And the police have access to the National Database computer where all these records are stored, yet you can still be fined for not displaying a tax disc even though they know it is taxed :mad:
1994 907ie
2017 Supersport 939
2015 Scrambler Classic
1982 Pantah 500SL (now sold)

Scotland
LimitedEdition

Post by LimitedEdition »

I didn't display the tax disc on the CBX, and I never got asked. But they are abit slack around here haha
Derek
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1994

Post by Derek »

LimitedEdition wrote:I didn't display the tax disc on the CBX, and I never got asked. But they are abit slack around here haha
It's not the police who are the problem it's job'sworth parking wardens. :mad:
1994 907ie
2017 Supersport 939
2015 Scrambler Classic
1982 Pantah 500SL (now sold)

Scotland
LimitedEdition

Post by LimitedEdition »

Ah we've only just gotten parking wardens, I parked my vespa on double yellows the other day and one walked straight past. Did all the cars but left the vespa haha. Tbh it's not clear enough about where bikes can park, there are no designated bike parks in my town (except for one which the fat ass with the trike takes up all of it!) they should make a little guide book about whether we can park on the pavement etc