750 sport fork oil seals in the UK correct size ?

discussion about the 750 Sport and '89/'90 900SS, which share many mechanicals with the Paso series
anton88
model: 750 Sport
year: 1989

750 sport fork oil seals in the UK correct size ?

Post by anton88 »

Evening all :)

Been away for quite a while unfortunately, but will be back with updates to my ducati project very shortly while some new pics are uploading :)

Have a problem with leaky fork seals after rebuild - fitted exactly what was on the bike 40/52/10 (the old ones were leaking too :banghead: )

not even ridden the bike, but oil is pissing out :wacko:

pic of the offending seals now swimming in oil :drunk: :

http://s519.photobucket.com/albums/u351 ... CF0394.jpg

did a search and saw that snakey had the same problem and fitted seals of 40/52.2x10/10.5

does anyone really know the correct size of the seals (i'm guessing this newer size will make for a tighter seal around the fork) I found a uk supplier where i can get some to try but wanted to check first :

http://www.piaggiospares.co.uk/spares/p ... =751.55.21

Thanks

Ant
englishstiv
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Re: 750 sport fork oil seals in the UK correct size ?

Post by englishstiv »

Before you spend any more dosh check the stanchion measurement, have they possibly been rechromed in the past? I have heared from other Forums that several companies have cocked up in the past when dealing with the Ducati forks. Not sure if yours are the M1R's but they can cause problems due to the oddball size. The chrome may obviously also be worn through age as in the pic there are what appear to be fine score marks running vertcal on the chrome face.

bye the way that bike looks like a seriously nice bit of kit. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
DUCATI 907ie 1992
HARLEY DAVIDSON ELECTRA GLIDE CLASSIC 1991