Seat Cowl

discussion about the 750 Sport and '89/'90 900SS, which share many mechanicals with the Paso series
LimitedEdition
model: 750 Sport
year: 1989

Seat Cowl

Post by LimitedEdition »

Hello, I know it has been brought up before but has anyone got a seat cowl? I'd like to make a fibreglass mould of one. If I could get one I'd happily reproduce them. Does anyone know of any that are either cheap or if anyone who would lend me one? I've seen a couple for the 900ss and tbh although I don't know my way around them, they look very similar if not identical.

Thanks, Alex
ducinthebay
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1990

Re: Seat Cowl

Post by ducinthebay »

As far as I know, all of the 750's and 900 Sport have same seat cowl bit. I have the 900ss bodywork on my 750 and can't tell any difference.

I do have a spare seat cowl that you can borrow for as along as you need. Its a little rough, and I am not using it on my bike currently.

Where are you located? I am near San Francisco California.

Cheers, Phil
Duc in the Bay
1990 750 Sport x2-Rosso Blanko (900ss copy) & Nuovo Nudo (Scrambler project)
1991 907 -mostly stock
2002 ST4s - Lots of mods.
ducbertus
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991

Post by ducbertus »

hi,

there is no difference between these 750 and 900 bodywork and frame.
suspension is not the same due to the 16 and 17" wheels.
So, you can swap parts.

Bertus
LimitedEdition

Post by LimitedEdition »

Thanks for the offer ducinthebay but I'm from England and I imagine the postage will be quite alot, now that I know the 900 bodywork fits it has opened up my options.

Thanks again, Alex
englishstiv
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by englishstiv »

http://www.twowheelclassics.co.uk/catalogue/seats.html

I know they may be a bit expensive if you want to make your own but these are rather nice bits of kit.
DUCATI 907ie 1992
HARLEY DAVIDSON ELECTRA GLIDE CLASSIC 1991
LimitedEdition

Post by LimitedEdition »

Oh I mean the solo seat cover, beg my pardon. Thanks for the link though!
ducinthebay
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1990

Post by ducinthebay »

If you make any of the Sport body work in fiberglass, I would probably buy a set from you. The stock stuff is very heavy. I'm sure there are few others that would get a bit or two from you. The cover for the pillion would the first, but the second would be big seat floor, side cover, rear nacelle bit. I have no ideal why that part is made as thick as it is.

Cheers, Phil
Duc in the Bay
1990 750 Sport x2-Rosso Blanko (900ss copy) & Nuovo Nudo (Scrambler project)
1991 907 -mostly stock
2002 ST4s - Lots of mods.
ir_joep

Post by ir_joep »

Hi,

I could lent you mine. I think you are in the uk? I could get it to ramsgate cause we have a project over there. Otherwise I could ship it to you.

I would like some kind of deadline though :D

just let me know.

cheers joep
LimitedEdition

Post by LimitedEdition »

ducinthebay wrote:If you make any of the Sport body work in fiberglass, I would probably buy a set from you. The stock stuff is very heavy. I'm sure there are few others that would get a bit or two from you. The cover for the pillion would the first, but the second would be big seat floor, side cover, rear nacelle bit. I have no ideal why that part is made as thick as it is.

Cheers, Phil

Sorry for the late reply, I don't get it either. I was fitting an alarm to it and was surprised at how bulky the whole tail piece is, I was expecting just the outside to sort of slip on not a complete frame sort of thing. What a pain in the arse it was installing, I ended up sticking it inside the rear compartment and adding the power from the starter relay. "Oh we have a wiring diagram for your bike" they didn't supply enough wire to reach the battey -.- haha.

And Joep, unfortunately I'm in no rush at the moment. So I have no idea when or if I'll be able to do it, it's on my list though haha as I need to put some fibreglass inside my fairing to stop it flexing and cracking.

Thanks for the very kind offers guys, Alex