Mirrors?

discussion about the 750 Sport and '89/'90 900SS, which share many mechanicals with the Paso series
ducinthebay
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Sport
year: 1990

Mirrors?

Post by ducinthebay »

I had some cheap Emgo Supersport mirrors that looked OK, but would not stay in one place. I need something new.
I'm looking at the Lp Race Lite Mirrors, http://www.kneedraggers.com/lockhart-phillips-mirrors
But wanted to see what anyone else is running besides stock. The stock stalks are just too short to see past my elbows, and I don't have the stock ones anyway.

Any suggestions?

Cheers, Phil
Duc in the Bay
1990 750 Sport x2-Rosso Blanko (900ss copy) & Nuovo Nudo (Scrambler project)
1991 907 -mostly stock
2002 ST4s - Lots of mods.
davidgoblet
year: 1989

Re: Mirrors?

Post by davidgoblet »

Hello Phil,

I have just Folding Bar End Mirrors on my 750 SPORT. I assume it's not the best but it really attenuate the silhouete of the bike.

I have my stocks one also. If you want,...

David
ducinthebay
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1990

Post by ducinthebay »

Thanks for the offer of the stock mirrors, but frankly, I think they were a design mistake. I think round mirrors require a round headlamp. I liked the SS mirrors in the following years, but the stalks are just too short to see anything besides my elbows. I ordered the Lp mirrors. I'll post photos when I get them mounted.

Cheers, Phil
Duc in the Bay
1990 750 Sport x2-Rosso Blanko (900ss copy) & Nuovo Nudo (Scrambler project)
1991 907 -mostly stock
2002 ST4s - Lots of mods.
Andrew2
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1988

Post by Andrew2 »

We did'nt even get mirrors with our Sports in Australia.There are no holes for them on the fairing.The previous owner of mine had a square bar end mirror the same as I put on my MHR.

Cheers
Andrew
LimitedEdition
year: 1989

Post by LimitedEdition »

The mirrors do suck, they aren't long enough to see past my elbows and the right one turns with the wind. I'm used to not looking anyway, a quick lifesaver over the shoulder is alot easier.

Also my sport has a flat front tyre and its £240 for new Avon Azaro's so looks like it will be a while before its fixed :(

Luckily I have the vespa in the mean time :) Also has no mirrors, although its only 20 years old it doesn't have to have mirrors for an MOT.