Headlight replacement

discussion about the 750 Sport and '89/'90 900SS, which share many mechanicals with the Paso series
fester
model: 900 SS
year: 1989

Headlight replacement

Post by fester »

Has anyone fitted the Hella headlight as the low cost alternative. I've got the Aussie Narva brand one but it is pretty much the same as the Hella by pictures I've seen but I'm having trouble getting it to fit inside the headlight housing. I've ground the side lugs down but it is just a little too long and really tight front to back. The park light bulb is also hitting the side. I'm not overly keen on the price of new lights from Stein-Dinse and genuine RHD lights seem pretty rare.
ducinthebay
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Sport
year: 1990

Re: Headlight replacement

Post by ducinthebay »

As far as I know, the headlight for the Sport is unique. It is not the same as the 851, nor the SS series after it. I don't know if its the same as the F-1 or not. I troll e-bay from time time, and have picked up a spare.

Cheers, Phil
Duc in the Bay
1990 750 Sport x2-Rosso Blanko (900ss copy) & Nuovo Nudo (Scrambler project)
1991 907 -mostly stock
2002 ST4s - Lots of mods.
fester
model: 900 SS
year: 1989

Re: Headlight replacement

Post by fester »

The F1 is the same shape but completely different mounting. RHD versions never seem to pop up

Ducati ms had a post about generic lights that fit being the Hella. I've got one and it's the right size just doesn't have the tapered face which should still sit ok. However it is really tight depth wise hence wondering where the info came from and if anyone else has had a go fitting one.