750 Sport Exhaust Choice

discussion about the 750 Sport and '89/'90 900SS, which share many mechanicals with the Paso series
deswoodau
model: 750 Sport
year: 1988

750 Sport Exhaust Choice

Post by deswoodau »

Hi Guy's,

I recently purchased a stock 88 Sport with intentions of keeping her for a long time. Initially I wanted to keep the Silentium's on but the thought of never hearing it sing isn't going to happen.

I'm going to tune up the weber(as per higgy's thread) and I've decided on some black reverse megaphone pipes but I'd like some decent quality ones. Not those generic fit ebay items.

I've attached a picture of an 851 with something similar that I'm looking for. Would anyone know where I could get them from?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Attachments
851.jpg
851.jpg (167.58 KiB) Viewed 4161 times
fester
model: 900 SS
year: 1989

Re: 750 Sport Exhaust Choice

Post by fester »

Where are you located. There's a guy I know here in Gympie (Qld) that does mufflers for all sorts of classic bikes as well as exhaust mods for all bikes. He has been making replica Contis right down to the original baffle hole design and does reverse megaphones of all sorts. Not sure whether he can do off the bike if he hasn't done an 88 sport before if you are not close enough. Has a web site called Meerkat Mufflers.
deswoodau
model: 750 Sport
year: 1988

Re: 750 Sport Exhaust Choice

Post by deswoodau »

I'm located in Melbourne.

Appreciate the tip, I'll get in touch with them and find out whats possible.

Thanks