Dynatek DC3-1 coils 750 Sport

discussion about the 750 Sport and '89/'90 900SS, which share many mechanicals with the Paso series
deswoodau
model: 750 Sport
year: 1988

Dynatek DC3-1 coils 750 Sport

Post by deswoodau »

Can anyone share their advice as to whether these Dynatek coils will work okay on a 89 750 Sport?

Will existing mounts fit? Any suggestion of an alternate supplier?

Spec:
Single output
Primary resistance = 3 ohms
Secondary resistance = 14,000 ohms

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/191590170435 ... EBIDX%3AIT

Thanks
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Re: Dynatek DC3-1 coils 750 Sport

Post by paso750 »

if you have the Kokusan ignition they will work. Not if you have a Digiplex.
Not sure but I think existing mounts will not fit.
Alternatives are 3-5 ohms coils from Andrews, Nology etc.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dynatek-Ignitio ... 14&vxp=mtr
http://www.ebay.com/itm/A-Pair-of-5-Ohm ... 0a&vxp=mtr
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by higgy »

DCB-1 - This bracket kit is used to aide mounting the DYNA coils which we sell here onto your motorcycle. These bolt directly onto the coils, then you can use the other holes on the bracket [or drill other holes, or bend the tabs etc] to attach them to your motorcycle. They are a direct bolt on kit for various BMW motorycles but can be modified to suit other applications such as your bevel drive Ducati as well. We have found that they are quite useful to speed up installation on just about any brand bike. The kit comes with everything shown, 2 brackets and the bolts and nuts needed.
Price: $21.79
Part # : DCB-1
Manufacturer: DynaTech Ignition

I got mine at bevel heaven for the 906 to mount a pair of 3 ohm DC3-1 coils and have had no issues with the Digiplex

DC3-1 - DYNA coils set includes 2 coils, mounting hardware and instructions. Although these 3 ohm coils can be used for general street riding, these are better served for higher RPM race applications. Dyna coils feature; No exposed laminations to rust and degrade performance, High voltage and primary terminals machined from brass, Ultrasonically welded and sealed against moisture, Compact size fits easily under stock covers, Peak gap current in excess of 50mA, High impact thermoplastic housing, Over 40,000 volts per output, Accepts 7 to 8.8mm wires and includes a 1 year warranty. Choose either the coil kit only or the coil kit + the Dyna 7mm wire kit. NOTE: These kits well NOT work for early 860GT with the orange transducers Ducati Electroteccnica Ignitions

The DC10-1 are the preferred replacement for the Digiplex

DC10-1 - DYNA coils set includes 2 coils, mounting hardware and instructions. Use these 5 ohm coils for general street riding. Dyna coils feature; No exposed laminations to rust and degrade performance, High voltage and primary terminals machined from brass, Ultrasonically welded and sealed against moisture, Compact size fits easily under stock covers, Peak gap current in excess of 50mA, High impact thermoplastic housing, Over 40,000 volts per output, Accepts 7 to 8.8mm wires and includes a 1 year warranty. Choose only the coil kit or the coil kit + the Dyna 7mm wire kit. NOTE: These kits well NOT work for early 860GT with the orange transducers [Ducati Electroteccnica Ignitions].

hard to see the color in the pictures the dc3 are green the dc10 are black
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Post by Mc tool »

I have Dyna coils and S11 magic box on the Guzzi . I bought 2 8mm HEI car plug leads , the HEI dizzy cap HT posts has the profile as a spark plug top , but a much smaller tidier boot/terminal , so I puts the dizzy end of the lead on to the sparkplug and trimmed the plug end off to length and glued it into the coil with silicon sealer . many options at the hot rod shop :)
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
deswoodau
year: 1988

Post by deswoodau »

Thanks for all the information guy's…………..I don't know how I'd resolve the bikes issues without your support.

In fact I don't even know why I own it considering the amount of issues it was built with!

Cheers
ducinthebay
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1990

Post by ducinthebay »

I have a set of DC3-1s on the shelf going onto the Scrambler (Sport) project bike. Heard they work fine.
The biggest reason to change coils is to change the HT wires, since the stock ones are glued in and can't be changed.

I put on a set of high performance coils on my Sport, and it improved a lot. A worthwhile change for an older bike. Cheap horsepower.

Cheers,
Phil
Duc in the Bay
1990 750 Sport x2-Rosso Blanko (900ss copy) & Nuovo Nudo (Scrambler project)
1991 907 -mostly stock
2002 ST4s - Lots of mods.