906 tri-colour x factory?

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
Duck01

906 tri-colour x factory?

Post by Duck01 »

Hi Guys - Am wondering if anyone on the forum can help me out with a query? Was there a 906 tri-colour offered new for sale in Holland? I have a green/white/red 906 here in NZ, that I brought of the supposed 2nd owner, who had imported it to NZ from Holland. He reckoned it had been sold new as it is painted, & was part of a Limited Edition run, that were built by the Dutch distributers at the time, because of poor sales.
Have seen various thoughts on the colours & no.s of Paso's that were produced, but nothing on a tri-colour, which makes me sus about mine being original. Then again, have seen no numbers that refer to a grey 906, & I have a Aussie test on a new one that was painted that colour......................
Are a great bike - absolutely love my one!!!
Cheers - Phil
steele

Post by steele »

I definately think it wasnt an ex factory bike however it may well have being modded by the dutch importer the jap importer definately did a few specials even changed bodywork :thumbup:
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

Thanks for that - I will send a photo once I get some digitalised, to show what it looks like.
Anyone else got any information...................
Cheers - Phil
daffyduc

Post by daffyduc »

As far as I know, the 906 was a succes in the Netherlands...
I have a 906 imported from the UK. Because the numbers of these in the Netherlands were sold out very quick...
That is the first "strange" thing about your story...
And there are tri-coloured 750's but I have never seen or heard about a tri-coloured 906.
But you are right if you say "it's a great bike". For sure it is :cool:
RidgeRunner

Tri color Paso

Post by RidgeRunner »

I myself am not sure, but you may be able to find out from Moto Europa in Richmond Virginia. I was there on 2-5-05 and they have a 906 in the showroom with a black/yellow/red (German Flag?) paint scheme. They were really helpfull with our search for info on parts for my brothers damaged 906.
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

I can confirm the 906 was sold in Australia in a gun metal grey colour with the white @ the bottom. It was sold new but I do not know if it was a Ducati Australia thing or not. As they are not in abundance in this country I doubt that the local Ducati Importer was making these mods to boost sales or anything because nothing looks as good as a Red Paso!!!!

fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by fasterdammit »

redpaso wrote:because nothing looks as good as a Red Paso!!!!
Except a blue one! :neener: j/k! ;)
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
steele

Post by steele »

Blue is cool :thumbup:
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

I have never seen a blue one in the flesh, I am sure they are good though. As far as I know we only got red ones & a few grey ones here in OZ & both are very rare. Since I have owned mine I have not seen another on the road & only 1 in a Dealers, (it was Grey.) There always seems to be 1 or 2 on the Bikes for sale sites though so they are here, just in hiding. from the Pics I have seen the white ones look pretty hot as well, but nothing beats a Red Italian!!!!! :evil:
jomo

Post by jomo »

Hey redpaso,

Check out the gallery and just type 906 in the search window, you will see my blue aussie 906. I live near Wyong, about 90km North of Sydney.
Brake late & brake hard,
jomo

Paso 906 Blue
Paso 906 Silver
Bultaco Metralla GT370 Custom
Bultaco Metralla GT250
Bultaco Frontera 250 Mk.9
Suzuki RMX250
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

Jomo, Nice paso mate, I would be keen to meet up one day soon & check it out in the flesh.

I am about 300km up the Pacific Highway (not that I use it because there is always a more interesting route on the bike) near Taree.
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

So was this bike sold new in OZ? or did you bring it in? It is the only Blue one I have heard of in the country. (not that that means much I am sure there is a lot of everything I havent heard of but it is still there.
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

Hi Guys - still have'nt got the photos sorted but it'll happen..... :roll: :roll: ....
As for blue 906s - have only seen red ones here, but there is a couple of blue 750s getting around.
Good to see the 'colour thing' is still going........(& will resist the temptation to give the Aussies a hard time..........!!!!)
Must stay outa the 4WD forums & spend more time here.......Hmmmm - must ride the bike a bit more often too...... :roll:
jomo

Post by jomo »

Blue Paso I know is rare. I think someone said there were only 200 made. I'm sure someone out there will know the figures. Mine was an original import to Australia.

As for blue 750's, they are a mettalic blue and totally different stripes.

Hey redpaso, I get up that way a bit, I have a unit at Old Bar that I rent to my in-laws. Other in-laws live at Wingham.
Brake late & brake hard,
jomo

Paso 906 Blue
Paso 906 Silver
Bultaco Metralla GT370 Custom
Bultaco Metralla GT250
Bultaco Frontera 250 Mk.9
Suzuki RMX250
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

Jomo, next time you & the Paso are headed this way let me know & I'll meet you @ Bulahadelah or somewhere along the way for a bit of a ride back. :eek:

Your In-laws certianly live in a beautiful part of this country, It would be great to see another paso up here occassionally as I am pretty certian I have the only one! :thumbup:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"