ignition box/indicator lenses

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
viceversa

ignition box/indicator lenses

Post by viceversa »

I a 1991 906 and have an intermittent problem with a mis-fire.On investigation I have found that if I move the block connector on the engine management box it will either cut out or start to fire again happily.I have bent the terminals down slightly and am hoping that this makes a better contact,seems to be fine so far,I think maybe the vibration of the bike over time has probably loosened the connection.Wondered if anyone else has experienced this,or it may be a helpful pointer for another owner.
Also does anyone know if you can get any front indicator lenses? :confused:
ducapaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by ducapaso »

front indicator lenses are still available as original spare parts in any ducati dealer, and they're still cheap (about 4 eurosin italy).
if the electric conneciton outside the box fits good, you may have some trouble inside, such as chip soldering, or broken lanes... if the box is sealed, you'll have to face the amount of another ignition box :sad: good luck!
have a nice ride, Nicola

Black "DUKE" 751582
ex...Red "smooth" 753349 :-(
jomo
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by jomo »

viceversa,

Check the previous posts.

I used to carry a soldering iron on longer tips. The cheapest way is to take the unit to a television repair technician or an auto electrical engineer and have them resolder all the joints properly.

You are right, the vibration is the problem. As well as poor design.

I bought a Silent Hektic ignition from Germany, about $1300 AUD and it comes with matching coils and even spark plugs. Expensive but it runs perfectly especially when engine is cold. No increase in power though, not that I can tell.

Good luck and let me know if you need any more help.
Brake late & brake hard,
jomo

Paso 906 Blue
Paso 906 Silver
Bultaco Metralla GT370 Custom
Bultaco Metralla GT250
Bultaco Frontera 250 Mk.9
Suzuki RMX250