1990 906 paso

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
Falley

1990 906 paso

Post by Falley »

I just bought a 1990 906 paso with 21000 miles on it. This is my first ducati and i must say I LOVE IT . It takes awhile for it to get warmed up. It sputters and cuts off until it warms up to about 175 on the temperature gauge and then it runs fine. Does anyone have any info on what i can do to fix this. Also any other routine maintanence i should perform with the carbs or clutch etc.
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

Falley,
Welcome to the world of the Best Paso, the 906 (that will no boubt cause some stir). She is definately the rarest of the Paso / i.e. family. When I am warming "the Mistress" (which has not happened very often in the last few months) I find the same thing & think that she just likes me to stay close to her for a while, everytime I walk up my steps to the house she will cut out & I have to rush back as the fuel pump is still whirring away so I just stay there until she is up to temp & ease off the choke to let her lazily idle 'till I swing a leg over & take off.

I am making the assumption from this that you are running the Weber carbs. they should be fine if they are tuned properly.

Just treat her right & all should be fine. replace oil regularily (I do mine every 2500 Km) & do the belts every 20 000 Km. Use good fuel & make sure she is warm before you take off. They tend not to like short trips. get on & ride her that's what she is for.

Enjoy your 906 :thumbup:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"