Another bad starter!!!

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
Rodney
model: 750 Paso
year: 1986

Post by Rodney »

:eek: belive it or not the starter motors are available as well as the brush plates as they are on a lot of different models. the brush plates are about 40 euro from a ducati dealer . the starter motor is about 500 euro new . try a wrecker for a replacement its a lot cheaper . i got one from a 900ss i think as a spare as mine was not running when i got the bike , had to remove it reface the commutator and replace brush plate ,then managed to get a spare for 75 euro from ebay that had only done 2000k.
good luck

Rodney
Ducati ST2 2002 , Ducati 696 2010 , Ducati Pantah 1983 (in progress )
jomo
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by jomo »

I just posted this on another question. Worth checking!

just make sure you haven't got hydraulic lock, it's happened to me a few times when my dellorto carb hasn't shut off properly overnight and filled the cylinder with fuel. Same symptoms.

I just put it into 6th gear and turn the rear wheel slowly to drain the cylinder.

jomo
f1steveuk

Post by f1steveuk »

I'm going home to France next week, armed with a working starter (Ebay £25 UK), so who knows, the beast may live again soon. I'm staggered how many bikes in the Duke range this starter fits!!!

Thanks again to all
f1steveuk

Post by f1steveuk »

jomo wrote:I just posted this on another question. Worth checking!

just make sure you haven't got hydraulic lock, it's happened to me a few times when my dellorto carb hasn't shut off properly overnight and filled the cylinder with fuel. Same symptoms.

I just put it into 6th gear and turn the rear wheel slowly to drain the cylinder.

jomo
I did wonder on that, do you know which cylinder? I tok the front plug out and turned her with the back wheel, but.......
ducapaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by ducapaso »

I did wonder on that, do you know which cylinder? I tok the front plug out and turned her with the back wheel, but.......
But what???
Can you turn the engine by turning the wheel or not?
The hydraulic lock depends on which carb overflows!
have a nice ride, Nicola

Black "DUKE" 751582
ex...Red "smooth" 753349 :-(
f1steveuk

Post by f1steveuk »

The "but" meant, I have a new starter, and turned the engine over, "but" that doesn't mean it will start!!

My Paso is still on the single Weber, and runs very well on it too!
formand

Post by formand »

Skins wrote::cool:

Could be bad connections, Steve. All connections must be tight and clean. Check them out, starting at the battery terminals. Also see the FAQ Digest at the top of the Paso 750 Discussions, checking out the 'Wiring Upgrade' in the first post.