Project nearing completion, need to identify VIN for tax

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
TonyB

Project nearing completion, need to identify VIN for tax

Post by TonyB »

Hi there, well after not too much work the Paso is almost ready for the road, due to work commitments i havent had a lot of time but hey almost there!

2 QUESTIONS

I am in the uk and the DVLA requires that I fill out a form in order to register the bike, luckily it still has its original number plate so its just a case of one form V62 and shes on the road again. On the form i need to print the bikes VIN number or frame number, ive found 2 numbers on the bike on a plate at the rear of the engine, one starts E3 | 10 | then 7 digits the other starts E3 | 41 | and 7 didgits, anyone know which is the VIN/Frame number?.

Other question. I am moving to USA in a few months and am seriously considering taking the Paso with me, Looking at the usa Govt websites is very confusing as to how to do this. I'm aware that the freight charge is going to be £600 + but what else should i budget for? many thanks if you can help with either of these.

TonyB
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 0

Post by Finnpaso »

Real VIN number U can find from close (between) steering head bearings (right side). That engine number is not important, its legal to change engine or cases. :thumbup:
Antti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeKOh3XoXPg&NR=1
KTM 990 Adventure -08 metal dark grey
Paso 750 -89 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
2xST4S -02 red/metal grey
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel Classic/titanium
TonyB

Post by TonyB »

Thanks Finnpaso, am now awaiting the ownership papers!

Ok I have another problem, I am cleaning out the fuel system and disassembled the fuel pump, does anyone know which way around the piston goes back in? long spring into body or short one? silly mistake I know, but i thought the manual would have an exploded view so didnt take any notice as i took it apart :oops:

Apart from that the bike is nearing completion, only problem is i'm emmigrating in 2 months .... just hope i get some time to ride it before I leave.

Thanks guys, great forum, great site

Tony