1991 906 PASO

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
Rockwellman

Post by Rockwellman »

It's very confusing. Its the old type of regulator connector, with three wires coming to meet the alternator wires under the tank. i.e. Two light colored wires and a red one. I was led to believe that there were three wires of the same colour going into the crankcase, but half way down the wiring loom, the red one had been cut, hence going into the crankcase to find the red attachment, but there isn't one. I guess i need to find a diagram explaining how the wiring is without the use of the red wire, although my feeling is that there should be a connection to the alternator for red wire on this bike! Happy Easter. Best regards Michael

PS. Thanks for checking your bike for me.
JWilliam
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

1991 906 PASO

Post by JWilliam »

Jesus, someone has cut the red wire! The 906 alternator has two pink and one red wire out form the alternator and all should run from the generator (3 phase). The red wire can run hot if used with a rectifier from (for example) Kawasaki but the solutution is to enter a moderate resistor to the red wire not cut the thing. If you are lucky you will have a 2 phase alternator, but close investigation of the generator torus should reveal an open wire end, probably where the red wire has to go.