Stolen Miami Paso 906 Recovered!!!!!

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
pasomio

Stolen Miami Paso 906 Recovered!!!!!

Post by pasomio »

I had posted the sad news a couple of weeks ago of having my 906 stolen in Miami. It was found abandoned and a little beat up just yesterday. The tow yard guy asked me if it was worth the $380 to get it out and I was astounded how he could not appreciate the beauty of this bike even all dinged up...... my baby is back!!!!!
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by persempre907 »

I hope her beauty could be easy recovered!
No matter I'm very happy you found your baby :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: !!!
Ciao
Francesco
Ducati 907IE 1992 Rosso
Ducati 907IE 1993 Nero
Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019
pasomio

Post by pasomio »

Grazie Francesco!

It was the motivation I needed to re-paint it! I will post some pics when the work is done. Forza Roma! Dove stai a Roma?
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by persempre907 »

Ciao Pasomio,
peccato solo che tu debba riverniciarla, sarà una bella spesa e il difficile sarà recuperare gli adesivi se sono rovinati.
Se non sono stati intaccati dalle sevizie subite sarà tutto più facile.
Basterà un bravo artigiano.
Ricordo che c'è un bel post nel forum del Paso 750 in cui un ragazzo americano spegava con dovizia di particolari come riverniciare la carrozzeria senza dover necessariamente sostituire gli adesivi.

Abito in zona EUR, vicino la vecchia Fiera di Roma (recentemente hanno aperto la nuova sulla Roma-Fiumicino).

P.S. Forza Roma vabbene, ma poichè sono Napoletano, FORZA NAPOLI!!!
--------------------------------------

Hi Pasomio,
it's a pity you have to respray the bike. It will be very expensive and the real difficult stuff will be finding the decals, if they are damaged.
If they are not damaged by the torture suffered, the recover will be really easier. You will need only a good craftsman.
I remember a good topic in the 750's forum, where an american guy explained very well how respraying the fairings without hurting the decals.

I'm living near the EUR and the old Rome's trade (lately they have opened the new one near the Rome-Fiumicino motorway).

P.S. OK, W Roma, but since I'm Neapolitan, W NAPOLI too!!!

Ciao
Francesco
Ducati 907IE 1992 Rosso
Ducati 907IE 1993 Nero
Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 0

Post by Finnpaso »

Very good, that "Florida guy" get his bike back again... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Antti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeKOh3XoXPg&NR=1
KTM 990 Adventure -08 metal dark grey
Paso 750 -89 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
2xST4S -02 red/metal grey
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel Classic/titanium
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

lucky you ! I just don`t get why you have to pay $380 to get your own property back, but that`s probably one of these nice ways to make money ...

G.
Fraser
model: 750 Paso
year: 1986

Post by Fraser »

Pasomio,

If you need a new decal set for your Paso email Phil at desmocycle [desmocycle@paradise.net.nz]. He has been advertising a set on TradeMe (our local equivalent of eBay). Was tempted to get them myself, but don't have any real need.

Fraser.
Marinus

Decals

Post by Marinus »

I've had my eyes on the same ones as Frazer but don't need them ether. last year had a repaint done and the bike painter had a sign maker make them all up. Was all in the price so don't know how much they were. any good sign writer will have that font.