906 vs 907

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
mike
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by mike »

One thing that is being missed BIGTIME is that the 906 and 907 engines are about the same... 900cc twin, 2 valves. the 907 has EFI, but so what?

if an engine has a few tweaks here and there but internally is unchanged (pistons, cams, etc) it is, in essence, stock.
qldman36
year: 0

Post by qldman36 »

Mike,
What i think your missing here is Steele came on about how great his 906 is and no 907 could equal it.My point is and was,with the same ammount of mods from stock,and believe me,nitrous is a major mod from stock,a 907 will equal or better his not ridden by him 906.
No Steele,i don't know you.Is my reaction to your pontificating the normal reaction from people who do know you?
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Finnpaso »

gldman 36, I agree all, ahat You say!!!! We must remember, that "somebody" dont like, that we find weak points from 906 compared to 907IE, what is Paso series bike in every meaning.... Its funny, that they cant find any weak point in they OWN bike? I have 750 Paso, where are weak points, but i make just those modifications to that bike, cause i wanted BETTER 750 Paso, than stock. Somebody another wants to keep they bike original, but "Paso series" bikes never come rare collectable bikes, like Lacuna Seca, MHR, etc.. And they also saw in factory, that 906 was "mistake", cause they make it so short time. They try better job with 907(what was much better...), but it was too late....S..t had happen... Boys, read more books about Ducati history, there are plenty of them, especially from Ian Falloon.

PS. Ducatis are made for driving fast in twisties, not in high speed in big highways ;-))))

Finnpaso with lovely 750 Paso and 907IE (which have still some weak points after many modifications.......)
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Finnpaso »

.....and to Steele: It wasnt so nice job to delete my post from here. It was quite long story and i explained very longly, WHY 906 is not so "good choise". It was my opinion about this 906 vs 907 thing !!! And surely i wanted, that everybody can read it. If it is not possible, what the H..l meaning have this forum???

Finnpaso, who love ALL Paso series bikes, but dont want never 906....
wiggs

Post by wiggs »

hi guys,
i guess i agree with both sides of this discussion. if an engine is never opened up then it is stock. if it has headers,etc (bolt on stuff) then it is modified stock.
as far as the 907 being a paso ,the buyers guide from mick walker has under the sport touring chapter 15 : 750 paso, 906 paso and the 907 i.e. . also the authentic restoration guide for ducati belt-drive two-valve twin by ian falloon chapter 4 : 750/906 paso,907i.e.,and st2. sooo, it looks like the experts do not consider the 907 a paso. doesn't matter to me as i like my 907 the VERY little i've ridden it and am waiting for the weather to break.not in a real big hurry for that tho as those down under are now enjoying their riding season and i want them to enjoy their time in the saddle,whether on a paso,907 or some made in china bike!
enjoy your mount while ya can.between the weather,economy,health and all the terror stuff in 2-days world,it's a short stay here on earth and i don't remember reading anywhere about motorcycles being part of any afterlife,if there is such a thing.
i think it's time for a group hug now fellows.
regards, wiggs
mike
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by mike »

this group is here to bring together owners of the 3 paso series bikes, not to stratify the owners. each of these bikes has its strong points and its weak points.

steele's deletion of a post was a mistake, so don't take it personally.

everybody chill. :thumbup:
steele

Post by steele »

Well at last the 906 forum has a topic with 2 pages :thumbup: And 2 people who dont like my tongue in cheek remarks :D
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

Hey Wiggs, thanks for wishing us a good riding season down under but the beauty of being here in OZ is that our riding season is not restricted to a few months of the year. I ride my 906 all year! no mothballs for us! Sure it gets a bit chilly on the willy in the winter months but that does not stop us riding, in fact I am more likely to ride in the cooler months than now in the middle of summer. Leather is great when you are moving or sliding but when you have stopped in 40 degree (celcius) heat it very quickly gets uncomfortable.

As for this whole 906-907 thing, I dunno, I ride a 906 Paso because that is the bike I bought. I love the looks because they are different from all other Ducati which makes them pretty exclusive. People are said to buy Ducati because they are different from other bikes therefore the Paso stands out even further. Everytime I stop people comment on this bike. It has that fantastic Ducati V-twin rumble which is made even better thanks to STAINTUNE Exhausts made here in OZ.

I still run the original Webber carbs which makes it a right dog around town sometimes but hey, I did not buy it to ride it around town. I don't even like riding on the freeway (110km/hr limit BORING!!!) I bought my Ducati to ride the endless supply of backroads that all have "Old" in their name, which seems to suggest they are a twisty road of sometimes doubtfull surface that has little traffic on it but you had better watch out for Kangaroos!

That is what it is all about for me, I love riding & I love my Paso! It is not perfect, that is what makes it a Ducati, that is what gives it soul. If you want a perfect bike buy japanese but it is still not perfect because it lacks soul. The 907 SHOULD be a better bike than the 906, it is a waste of time replacing it if it is not! but really who cares, we are riding for pleasure not Sheep stations.Lets all be greatful that we know the thrill of a Ducati be it Paso or I.E. it is a Ducati & it is Our Ducati.

I sometimes cry when i sit in my shed at night with a bottle of port & admire those beautiful lines, it is just ssoooooo Beautiful!!!!!!!!!
wiggs

Post by wiggs »

hey steele,
is the glass half full or half empty? i think i agreed with ya,kinda. it's best to focus on the positives.
as far as where my tongue is,i'll admit it's been between the other cheeks but then again my wife treats me pretty great most of the time and if kissing her butt makes life good i'm all for it. i mean, how many guys can have a dozen or more bikes and NEVER hears any flack about it? heck , she even supports my hobby ,if not financially,at least emotionally. she's my chief sandblaster,degreaser,wheel lacer. she had a very nice '35/'36 indian standard scout and could ride it as good if not better than me.that's foot clutch,hand shift and LEFT hand throttle! oh,and she did most of the work herself. so goldie,i,personally don't have a problem with the butt kissing thing.i'm just a little particular who's butt!!!!!!!
mike
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by mike »

enough.