906 vs 907

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
lleach

906 vs 907

Post by lleach »

What are the differences? Is there a message that already compares the two?

Les Leach
mike
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by mike »

I'm assuming you meant 906 vs 907...

many differences, in fact really what's similar is the bodywork (which is actually different, quite a bit)

some highlights:

906 = weber carb, 907 = EFI
906 = 16" wheels, 907 = 17" wheels
906 = eccentric adjust swingarm with 'softdamp' style linkage, 907 = screw adjust with 900SS style shock mount.

there are many, many more... and not to offend the 906 guys (or the 750 guys) but the 907 is a more refined bike that's easier to get parts for, so if you're shopping for rideability (not exclusivity) 907 is the way.
steele

Post by steele »

But of course we all know the 906 is the best :cool: :cool: :neener:
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 0

Post by Finnpaso »

Sorry Steele, I have LIGHT 750 Paso and VERY GOOD 907IE, but never wanted 906, because it have same "problems", as 750 Paso plus heavy weight(and awful front brakes compared to that weight)

Btw, i have changed many things in my 750 Paso electrics and thrown Weber away to get rid of most "problems"......

Antti, who is thinking, what shall be next to collection... 2000 ST2 with mods, or newer ST4S ???? Any advises? all welcome....
steele

Post by steele »

Well have to disagree there my 906 DOES NOT suffer from the problems of the 750 and i have to say ..i think a lot of you are taken in by the crap that some journalists wrote about the 906 when it was new .... This year i really belive mine will crack 160mph with my friend SEB on board at 200mph .org speed trial at RAF woodbridge ...Lets see a 907 that can do that :thumbup: :neener:
qldman36

Post by qldman36 »

And just how much of your 906 is original as built? You don't think with proportional mods,a 907 couldn't cut it?
steele

Post by steele »

qldman36 wrote:And just how much of your 906 is original as built? You don't think with proportional mods,a 907 couldn't cut it?
My 906 is STOCK apart from nitrous kit and a few minor refinements ..it goes so quickly because i have been developing it over a long time :D
steele

Post by steele »

Can we please keep talk in here about 906s NOT 907s afraid i have deleted a post and also NO SWEARING please :cool:
qldman36

Post by qldman36 »

So...........Nitrous and years of development and its still stock.Yeah,and NASCAR stock cars are stock to.
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Finnpaso »

Hi Steele!

I think, You cant handdle that thing, that 907IE is better bike in all meanings, than 906, cause You deleted my post from here ;-((( Pitty! I think upper there reads 906 vs. 907....... little dissapointed now, how this forum function, sorry, DONT function!

Finnpaso
mike
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by mike »

I'm the person that changed the topic from 907 vs 907 to 906 vs 907 (which is what the original person intended, i'm sure)

I can't imagine that anyone is deleting posts.
steele

Post by steele »

Well actually i am afraid it was me :oops: i was trying to be smart and edit it and i pressed the wrong button :roll: ....oops SORRY any way 907 arent PASOs :thumbup:
Last edited by steele on Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steele

Post by steele »

qldman36 wrote:So...........Nitrous and years of development and its still stock.Yeah,and NASCAR stock cars are stock to.
Yep unopened engine my friend :thumbup: few airbox mods and a little electronics but thats all :D AndFINNPASO do you know any 907 that can beat a ZX12 KWACK TRY THIS :thumbup:

http://www.200.geoffreid.com/events/jd4/paso1.wmv
qldman36

Post by qldman36 »

I have a few years experience with nitrous and it's only in your, seems, very limited world that you could consider an engine on laughing gas to be stock.Your totally wrong in this whole thread,admit it and move on.
steele

Post by steele »

qldman36 wrote:I have a few years experience with nitrous and it's only in your, seems, very limited world that you could consider an engine on laughing gas to be stock.Your totally wrong in this whole thread,admit it and move on.
I am sorry but i really dont see your point my 906 has an unopened engine therefore stock! ok so nitrous is an add on to a stock engine there hows that :D why do you seem to be taking this personally ...........Do i know you by any chance :roll: ?