906 changing to 17inch wheels

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
jonasdl

906 changing to 17inch wheels

Post by jonasdl »

Hi,everybody. I have just bought a 906 a nice bike but I find the handling in slow speed not so good compared to a modern bike. Will the handling get better if I change to 17inch wheels or is it only a tyrequestion. Thanks jonasdl
Ducatisten

Tires

Post by Ducatisten »

Hi. we all suffer under the problem, that no manufacture makes the correct tyre sizes for our bikes with 16 inch wheels. Michelin stopped producing the tires last year. I have tried finding an alternative for my 906, but I still haven't found any. If you convert to 17 inch wheels front and rear, the problem is solved, but there are some problems with rear fork and brake discs front and rear. I have tried to find 120/70ZR16 as alternative in front, but Dunlop had one (D208ZR) - gone out too...? Rear..??? - Help anyone!!??
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 0

Post by Finnpaso »

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: AGAIN this same 17" discussion !!!! Maybe we have to make "17 inch conversion" part to Index ???? Mike !!!! I think, this is MOST discussed topic here in this site, so why You guys dont look previous topics at all???? :evil:
Antti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeKOh3XoXPg&NR=1
KTM 990 Adventure -08 metal dark grey
Paso 750 -89 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
2xST4S -02 red/metal grey
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel Classic/titanium
marshman

17s

Post by marshman »

Howzit
Done 17 in conversion myself .Heaps big improvement all round but costly and time consuming.Unless you have "906 FEVER"would recommend sell up and buy bike already fitted with 17s[900ss etc]
Have fitted USD front end to 906 , also major improvement but not without its headaches & costs.
Cheers Andrewjavascript:emoticon(':screwy:')
screwball
rob6507

Re: 906 changing to 17inch wheels

Post by rob6507 »

I've done this Mod you need wheels & swingarm rear brake caliper and caliper mounting plate & rear shocker and speedo Drive & brakes off a 907 back end is no problem but for the front you have make some billet alumininium conversion plates to mount the calipers on the front and you have to make sure the front wheel is central to the front forks I had to file the lh fork leg slightly to achieve this but it's made such aa difference to the handling and braking due to the Brembo 4 pot calipers 900 ss front Brakes will fit as thats what Mine are !