Mikuni jetting

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
fester

Mikuni jetting

Post by fester »

Anyone playing around with the later SS Mikuni's got any different jetting details they can share.

Or anyone know how say the Dynojet jet codes compare with the original Mikuni codes.

Any good ideas to get some totally stuck and butchered mixture screws out.
Tamburinifan
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991

Post by Tamburinifan »

Mikuni & DynoJet main jet comparison:
http://faq.f650.com/FAQs/JetKitFAQ.htm

Do you have pods or airbox w lid? Open cans?
Gert

907 I.E. -91
M900 -97
MTS 1100s -07
fester

Post by fester »

Sorry haven't been here for a while. I'm running pods at the moment with fairly open cans. Straight through 48mm id perforated baffle with stainless steel wool packing.

Another question that I have noticed and can't recall reading about the Mikuni conversion - Do the Pasos use the same digiplex ignition box as the 89 900SS (which is my bike) I only notice now the digiplex has 5 different timing maps which must be based on inlet vacuum. I have not had this connected since I put the carbs on. Will it run better with this connected, the bike seems to run pretty well but will it perfrom better with this connected. Should I blank the vacuum pipe off, connect it or leave it open to atmosphere. If I connect it can I just put a little fitting on the holes where you normally connect a vacuum gauge for tuning.
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 0

Post by Finnpaso »

I would connect hose to inlet. Marelli "ECU" is designed to use that vacuum pipe to adjust curves, so: Why NOT use it? I think, better perfornace, if "ECU" can use every curve. :evil:
Antti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeKOh3XoXPg&NR=1
KTM 990 Adventure -08 metal dark grey
Paso 750 -89 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
2xST4S -02 red/metal grey
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel Classic/titanium