Luggage is for the WEAK!!!!
14%

Total votes: 7

Rock
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Luggage q's

Post by Rock »

I am looking for luggage options. With my BMW's I'm spoiled to have luggage that locks to the bike. So looking for lockable I have come to Hepco & Becker.

Any opinions or suggestions?

Pricing out the H&B Strayker bags and mounting it should come to just under $1000.00

Now that being said I may just find some decent soft luggage for $200 and use the left over $800 for rubber, gas and oil.

OR

Maritime Civil Affairs: Because I have a HUGE karmic debt
Nos operor magis duos dies quam vos operor triginta
You think chicks dig guys who look like road-grimed astronauts and have interesting x-rays? You’re smoking rope.
F.U.B.I.J.A.R.
NSD
Jaffa
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991

Re: Luggage q's

Post by Jaffa »

Mate,

I have used soft luggage on the back of my 907 and while I have found it very convenient and practical, it does tend to ....stuff up the side covers by continually rubbing on them. The answer to that of course is to place something between the bags and the panels. Will fix the problem, but it is a must to keep checking that everything is in place.

So many choices, so little time.
Jaffa
'91 907ie (RED)
'78 900 Darmah (RED) (now BLACK and lookin' goooooood)
'82 900 Mike Hailwood Replica
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

I have soft bags similar to the ones shown. They are fine as long as it is dry. For rain they have a clear plastic cover to pull over but the issue is the rear side. If you ride longer in the rain the spray from the wheel will wet the complete backside until it soaks through. There may be waterproof soft bags and I know that some are delivered with waterproof bags for the inside to put your stuff in. Also removal and safety are better with hard cases.

G.
micklm
year: 1989

Post by micklm »

Mate,

I would love to have hard panniers but have generally stopped at the point of getting some as the aftermarket options never tend to look like they belong on the bike the way factory panniers do on the ST bikes or the Honda VFRs, BMWs etc. Even more of an issue on the Paso's given the limited options as you say . No issue for some I suppose.

Insead I run the same type of setup I have used for years on the supersport - removable ventura rack and soft bag system. There's a bolt on kit for the paso and I use the same bags for the SS and the Paso. For security I cover it all with a "pacsafe" mesh and padlock it to the frame when I need to. The backs are 'waterproof' (i.e. water resistant) so I sometimes use a backpacker type pack cover as well.

cheers,

Mick
timmetje

Post by timmetje »

hi all, check the ortlieb bags, probably the best stuff on the market, you can strap those things to a subarine and your undies wont get wet.
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by persempre907 »

I have got some soft luggages, but I don't like at all.
It's not so hard fit on Pasos the generic GIVI rack to have an hard luggage.
http://www.givi.it/Kit-fissaggio/Monora ... Universale
Ciao
Francesco
Ducati 907IE 1992 Rosso
Ducati 907IE 1993 Nero
Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019
jomo

Post by jomo »

I have a Givi topbox which is excellent and then have soft-bags over a sheepskin to protect some of the Ducati body and the rear of my body on long trips. I also use masking tape to protect the lower part of the body. For waterproofing I put everything in a plastic bag turned upside down within the soft-bags.

The last part of my touring package is a tank-bag which is magnetic but unfortunately doesn't fit the shap of the tank and i am always adjusting it during a ride. I got my wife to sew on velcro to the bottom of the bag to attach a cotton cloth to help protect the tank. It can be removed easily for washing. Choose your tank-bag well because it is a bloody pain the way it moves all over the tank especially when you are "up it"!
Brake late & brake hard,
jomo

Paso 906 Blue
Paso 906 Silver
Bultaco Metralla GT370 Custom
Bultaco Metralla GT250
Bultaco Frontera 250 Mk.9
Suzuki RMX250