Marelli Digiplex ignition module WANTED!!

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
DK65

Marelli Digiplex ignition module WANTED!!

Post by DK65 »

WANTED!! Marelli Digiplex ignition module, for a Ducati Desmo Paso 906cc, Or if anyone can give me any tips of any other Ignition Modules which we can use on this model,
Cheers Kev- from Cheshire uk[/b]
Last edited by DK65 on Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steele

Post by steele »

Hello kev good to see you found your way here from the Ducatisti site :thumbup: This is the font of all knowledge about pasos :D
DK65

Post by DK65 »

Hello Steele!!
I've tried just about everyone / everywhere for the Digiplex 2s Ignition Module but just as I thought nothing has come up?

I was praying someone had one tucked away with all the old Ducati parts in the depth of there Garage but ha! I guess we have more chance of getting hold of Lord Lucan.

We've now been informed from Ducati that the part is Obsolete. Sooooowww! I guess I'll have to look at other options,
Anyhow I'll keep popping in every now and then to see if anyone has found one, Thanks again for your help.
Last edited by DK65 on Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

here`s a programmable one (I have the programmable Kokusan replacement from them incl. plug cables, MotoCoil coils and some other parts also)
The unit can be used with the original coils (2,5-4ohms) if these are ok.
The options are:
- ignition module only
- module + (standard) coils (4ohms, 45mJ) + 2 plug cables
- module + HiPo coils (2,7ohms, 120mJ) + 2 plug cables
- module + twin coils + 4 plug calbes (for dual spark heads)

http://www.silent-hektik.com/Duc_Digi.htm

note that from the 16 igntion curves 4 are for 750cc Duc engines, 4 for 900cc, 4 for 750cc dual spark and 4 for 900cc dual spark conversions. So there are no 16 ignition curves adjustible for ie a standard 900cc engine only 4 - still enough I think.

Tel. (+49) 02303-257070
Fax. (+49) 02303-257071
no email adress on their site.

G.
DK65

Cheers!!

Post by DK65 »

Hello paso750
Thanks for the link, well now i've got two options which I can take, at first I thought I had a Bike which was only good for looking at.

The other option I've got is a company in th US which has offered to rebuild my Digiplex 2s Ignition Control Module, this also Includes a 2 year warranty, the rebuild will cost $249.00 u.s Dollars which works out about £122.00 & for the European's 177.301 EUR

If anyone else has a problem with the Ignition Module and can't get hold of a replacement then take a look at the below website to see if they can help you out ?

The website in question is http://www.autoecu.net/

Follow these steps Click on the “Forms” Tab at top of page, click on R&R form ,print it out and include all needed information, Include this form in package (package part well)

I hope this info can help other bikers who has the same problem as I've had.

Once again thanks to everyone for your kind help without your feedback in which we've been given by some of the private messages we would be in deep S***

Last edited by DK65 on Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 0

Re: Cheers!!

Post by Finnpaso »

DK65 wrote:
The other option I've got is a company in th US which has offered to rebuild my Digiplex 2s Ignition Control Module, this also Includes a 2 year warranty, the rebuild will cost $249.00 u.s Dollars which works out about £122.00
Here in EU area we play mostly with € and ONLY in "old world"(sorry UK guys!) with uk pounds... Ok, i have counted prices, but seems to me, that STILL that uk is connected to usa many way... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Seems, that they still use inches and they drive in wrong side of roads.... What does that mean? To me, it means, that they are very old fasfioned peopple and cant think anything new, what seems to happen in hole rest of Europe... Again, sorry, UK guys, i know very many nice Pasoguys there... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks DK65 from good info! :thumbup:
Antti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeKOh3XoXPg&NR=1
KTM 990 Adventure -08 metal dark grey
Paso 750 -89 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
2xST4S -02 red/metal grey
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel Classic/titanium
Tamburinifan
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991

Post by Tamburinifan »

Would Kokusan boxes work ( aside ev wiring issues ) on a 906?
Gert

907 I.E. -91
M900 -97
MTS 1100s -07
DK65

Re: Marelli Digiplex ignition module WANTED!!

Post by DK65 »

Just a quick message to let you all know I've had the Re-build of my Digiplex 2s Ignition Control Module completed , this also Includes a 2 year warranty, the rebuild will cost you $249.00 U.S. Dollars which works out about £122.00 & for the European's 177.301 EUR plus 38 USD p&p

As I stated above If anyone else has a problem with the Ignition Module and you can't get hold of a replacement then take a look at the below website to see if they can help you out ?

Please note: You will need to go to your Bank and have a Cheque made out to this company and it needs to be made out in US Dollars only, I tried PayPal.UK but due to new rules over in the US? They wouldn't except my PayPal.UK Account even though its been fully verified as a Genuine UK Account Holder/Shipping Address, Or you can try Western Union to pay direct to this company. Anyhow the company is well worth a look at , I couldn’t get a replacement anywhere and this is the only way I could get it re-built,

The website in question is http://www.autoecu.net/

Follow these steps Click on the “Forms” Tab at top of page, click on R&R form ,print it out and include all needed information, Include this form in package (package part well)

paso750
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by paso750 »

here was one on ebay that wasn`t sold:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ducati-D ... enameZWDVW
G.
DK65

Post by DK65 »

Thanks for the reply, I've been keeping a look out on e-bay this one has slipped my net, :,( I might contact this chap to see if he still has it, a spare digiplex ignition mod is worth keeping just incase, they are like gold dust, Once again thanks for the reply paso750
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by paso750 »

bucbean
model: 750 Sport
year: 1990

Post by bucbean »

2/28/08

Here's my experience.

I bought one from GUZZITECH...it was inop. Of course he said it was working before he sent it to me! Maybe it was!

I bought another from PCS in Daytona...and it worked.

The "problem" with these boxes is there "appears" to be no way to test them....not a good situation.

Interestingly (at least on my 750 Sport) there is a "test plug"....but I cannot find any information on what was ever "plugged in".

I gave an inop unit to a really good electronics guy I know and he took it apart. He said there was an EPROM in the box...and unless you knew the "values"...you are SOL. Furthermore to "program" the EPROM requires a really fancy machine costing thousands of dollars.

He did not feel that anyone would be able to repair one, given the age and technology....it just would not make sense to him. He also saw a transducer that obviously functioned to vary the timing based on vacuum from intake. This device also has a "map"...but what is it?

I have contacted the company in TN that supposedly "repairs" them. their price is now $349US....but given what my buddy says....I believe I would be suspicious of their claims.

There were LOTS of Digiplex models used in all sorts of vehicles...but I BELIEVE only the Ducati and some Guzzis used the 441A.

I bought a "Silent Hektik" "replacement"....and it was EXPENSIVE (>400 euros).

Since all of the instructions were in German...I had an excellent German Porsche mechanic (another friend) install it for me.

It did NOT WORK. My German speaking friend called Silent Hektik and they said to send it back and they would repair it.

I sent it back...and yesterday I received a letter telling me the box tested fine...but what I have to do is "machine the ignition rotor to 22 degrees"!!!!!!!!

They enclosed a photo of a freshly machined rotor!!!!

I took the letter to my friend and he went NUCLEAR....he was really pissed I had bought the "Ducati Digiplex Replacement" and not a damn word was said to me or him that the flywheel had to be modified...or a new one made!

So, I'm just going to pack the coils up and ship it back to him for a refund. He already has the "brain".

I will say that from a photograph he sent it looks like he had "made" a new "trigger rotor"..so you could probably buy one from him.....

Since, I (now) have a "good" Digiplex...I've just given up on the replacement.

So that is my Digiplex "saga"....

Jeff