Clutch hose routing.

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
kirk332

Clutch hose routing.

Post by kirk332 »

I have overhauled the clutch pump and slave cylinder and bleed the system. All is working fine however I can't remember which way the hose was routed. Does the hose pass in front of or behind the head stem? I currently have it passing forward of the head stem however it appears that at full left lock the hose rubs more than I think it should. I feel that if I were to make it pass behind the head stem, then at full left lock it would have some fairly big bends on it however I could be wrong. I should have checked it out before bleeding or taken more notice prior to disassembly but!!!
Cheers
kirk332

Post by kirk332 »

Problem sorted. It works out that I did take more notice during disassembly. I found a piece of paper lying around the floor of the garage which had explicit instructions on said hose, and how it was routed. Must have been one of those 3 am jobs!
Desmo_Demon
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by Desmo_Demon »

kirk332 wrote:Problem sorted. It works out that I did take more notice during disassembly. I found a piece of paper lying around the floor of the garage which had explicit instructions on said hose, and how it was routed. Must have been one of those 3 am jobs!
So.....how is it supposed to be routed? I was going to tell you how mine was routed, but I have no idea if it is correct or not. The previous owner took the bike apart to powdercoat the frame, and, from what I can tell, didn't really know what he was doing when he put it back together. :laugh:
2002 Ducati 748 monoposto
1998 Ducati ST2
1996 Suzuki GSXR-1100
1994 Bimota DB2
1988 MegaPaso 916 project
1987 Ducati Paso 750
1985 Harley FXEF
2001 Ducati M900ie (wife's)
2000 Yamaha YZF-R1 (wife's)
1998 Ducati ST2 (wife's)
1994 Suzuki GSX-750R (wife's)
kirk332

Post by kirk332 »

So.....how is it supposed to be routed? I was going to tell you how mine was routed, but I have no idea if it is correct or not. The previous owner took the bike apart to powdercoat the frame, and, from what I can tell, didn't really know what he was doing when he put it back together.
Mine was routed pretty much how I had it, that is as discribed above in my initial post. I could take a couple of pics if u need however I am away at work for the next two + weeks and would have to wait till then.
Cheers KB
Desmo_Demon
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by Desmo_Demon »

kirk332 wrote:Mine was routed pretty much how I had it, that is as discribed above in my initial post. I could take a couple of pics if u need however I am away at work for the next two + weeks and would have to wait till then.
Cheers KB
So you had it routed correctly? :thumbup:

I'll have to doublecheck mine to see how it is routed. Some of the things on my bike are an absolute guess for me whether it is correct or not. :roll:
2002 Ducati 748 monoposto
1998 Ducati ST2
1996 Suzuki GSXR-1100
1994 Bimota DB2
1988 MegaPaso 916 project
1987 Ducati Paso 750
1985 Harley FXEF
2001 Ducati M900ie (wife's)
2000 Yamaha YZF-R1 (wife's)
1998 Ducati ST2 (wife's)
1994 Suzuki GSX-750R (wife's)
kirk332

Post by kirk332 »

Yes it was routed correctly, or should I say it is routed how it was before I took it apart!! :confused: ?