906 Mikuni conversion filters

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
badhabrace
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

906 Mikuni conversion filters

Post by badhabrace »

Hi everyone and Happy 2008!
I recently installed a set of 900ss mikunis on my 90 906 paso. I had to construct an air filter set up using 2 K&N air filters. It works, but its probably the most hideous thing you'll ever see!
My question for you is what filters have everyone else been using with success? I have no factory air box to work with, so thats not an option. Ideas anyone? Thanks for your advice in advance and ride safe!
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 0

Re: 906 Mikuni conversion filters

Post by Finnpaso »

I converted jst some mothes ago my 750 Paso to Mikunis with Dynojet kit stage 1. and i used quite similar bomull pod filters, as K & N are, but they were some much cheaper model mande in far east, anyway liiks same, as much expensive. Price was 14€ / 2 filters. I havent driven my bike yet, but seems, that it runs well outside garrage. Test drive shall happen next April, or may.... :smoke:
Antti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeKOh3XoXPg&NR=1
KTM 990 Adventure -08 metal dark grey
Paso 750 -89 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
2xST4S -02 red/metal grey
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel Classic/titanium
bob macluskey

Post by bob macluskey »

hi
badhabrace wrote:Hi everyone and Happy 2008!
I recently installed a set of 900ss mikunis on my 90 906 paso. I had to construct an air filter set up using 2 K&N air filters. It works, but its probably the most hideous thing you'll ever see!
My question for you is what filters have everyone else been using with success? I have no factory air box to work with, so thats not an option. Ideas anyone? Thanks for your advice in advance and ride safe!
hi badhabrace i just got 900ss carbs to fit on my 906 can you take some photo's
of how they sit within the frame rails and also photo's of the way the wiring harness is routed on the bike thanks bob
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

Bob,

here some pictures of my Mikuni TDMR carbs and a friend`s ex-906 with Keihin carbs. Also with original Mikunis the position in the frame is the same.
[Image

You will find more info in the P750 FAQs.

G.