I'm confused about tires

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
jeff15116

I'm confused about tires

Post by jeff15116 »

So.......if the Paso has the original rims, the original tire size is scarce?
I'm new to these bikes and even thought the Paso I'm looking at has excellent tires, should I start looking for replacements immediately?
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Re: I'm confused about tires

Post by Skins »

:)

Yes. There is a lot of information on this site about tyres.
jeff15116

Post by jeff15116 »

I know there's a lot of info on here but some of it was posted a while ago. And some of it is contradictory. I just didn't know if there's an update as to whether the original size is being produced or not.
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Post by Mc tool »

yeah there is a lot of confusion here. A I understand michelin are the only ones who make them in the correct sizes , 130/60/16 front and 160/60/16 rear I was originally told ( by a michelin retailler ) that the company only made the tyre in batches once a year, then I was told that they wern't going to make them at all , so I paniced and rang around and got to talking to an outfit in aus ( australia........... we kiwi's live to take the piss out of the ausseis ) called Gowanloch Ducati ( google it ; the parts man 's name is Troy ) who told me it was all bullshit and that he had heaps of them. He sent me 4 no worries . and they do paypal and take credit cards. They were also cheaper ,in NZ these tyres retail for nz$ 480 for the rear ( a diablo rosso in 170/60/17 cost nz$375 ) I think that they are good tyres ( especially in the wet ) so much so that even if I had a choice I would probly still buy them . As for the paso ....... buy it , you will love it . I have a 97 900ss a 74 850t guzzi the paso , a 500 morini and a norton commando but the paso is always the first choice
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
ducapaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1988

Post by ducapaso »

Mc tool wrote: I have a 97 900ss a 74 850t guzzi the paso , a 500 morini and a norton commando but the paso is always the first choice
... of course! ;) :thumbup: :evil:
have a nice ride, Nicola

Black "DUKE" 751582
ex...Red "smooth" 753349 :-(
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

Numerous guys have got the same info from Michelin. There may be dealers who still have stock but those tires are for sure from 2006 or earlier. Unluckily noone who said he could still get "new" tires could confirm their DOT number after buying them.

G.