Alternator

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
hardo
year: 0

Alternator

Post by hardo »

dear all, the alternator of my paso 906 (1990) is broke (most probably). the local ducati dealer here at my place in switzerland simply does not want to take care about these old bikes anymore and told me that no parts are availiable for a paso at all. any idea where i could get a alternator (for instance, an aftermarket model via internet or maybe the same alternator has been used in different models etc.)? Thanks for your help and keep on reiding, hardo
Tamburinifan
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991

Re: Alternator

Post by Tamburinifan »

Same 2phase alt on most 2V Ducs fr early 90`s up to -97.
Gert

907 I.E. -91
M900 -97
MTS 1100s -07
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Post by Mc tool »

are you sure its the alternator and not the regulator / rectifyer ? A simple check with a multi meter is all that is needed to test the alt ( I cant remember the actual resistance or voltage values , but if you want I will find out and get back to you ). I think it is more likely that the reg / rect is at fault , and these are available aftermarket . My paso has a ( i think ) suzuki one grafted onto it which does the job fine except the no charge light doesn't work. Any competant auto sparkie should be able to sort this for you , and get the parts needed and arrange to have the alt rewound if it is indeed crook
good luck
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
hardo
year: 0

Post by hardo »

thanks a lot for your infos yes, it could also be the regulator, I will check the regulator first and come back with the news, all the best, hardo
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by jcslocum »

Electrex in the UK makes new ones. Regulators too
jomo
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by jomo »

I think the readings were Pink to pink = 0.8 Ohms and pink to red = 0.4 ohms.

I had mine rewound by a fellow here in Australia that does rewinds on alternators, coils and rebuilds the Regulator/rectifiers. There should be somone in your area that does electric motor rewinds.

Good luck,

John