New, never sold 1990 906 listed in Cycletrader

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by fasterdammit »

Colorado is gorgeous, that's for sure. I've spent some time in Boulder & Colorado Springs in the past ...

But there can be no other Mrs. fasterdammit ... she's definitely the one. I've always said I love riding Italians - so I married one. ;) Plus, she brought us our future first female MotoGP champion, too.

And she actually did say fine, go buy it ... but that's probably better expressed like so:

Mrs. fasterdammit:
"FINE GO BUY IT
but not if you don't wanna wake up with the head of a dead horse next to you"

fasterdammit: " [long pause while calculations are made] ... ah. uhm ... maybe I'll just grab some lotto tickets. What are your lucky numbers, baby?" :laugh:

It's the small print, man. Gotta watch the small print. It's a fine offer, and believe me ... I torture myself daily with that link. But, it's just not happen without some other intervention.

Now, if you'd like to pony up the $7500 I'll go buy it this instant! You can even ride it any old time you're in lovely central NY! :neener: :thumbup: :D
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:toofar:

I reckon that price is to high anyway, faster. I wouldn't pay that. I think mrs faster is right.
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by fasterdammit »

Quite possibly very true, especially because average retail (according to NADA is $2550USD. Somehow, I don't think a dealer is going to let it go for 1/3 the cost he has it listed at. But who knows ... it is 15 years old. EVen with 8 miles on it, it needs new rubber, new belts, and who knows what the state of everything is inside. As much as I'd like it, I'd want it gone through with a magnifying lens before I streeted it ... because it will get the miles packed on.

But who knows ... maybe he won't get any interest whatsoever, especially at $7500. And next year, I'll wave some actual American dollars (not 7500 of them though) under his nose and he'll let it go, and just be happy to write it off ...

Ever hopeful, that's me. ;)
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
wiggs

Post by wiggs »

gotta agree with skins,for that price a person can buy acouple of good bikes. the 906 will be used as soon as you use it.
my friend,john bellville had a 850 norton still in the crate when he passed away in about '88 or '89. i had attempted to buy it for what he offered it to another friend who i took down with me to see john. i would enjoy the drive in my rusty '80 mgb for the hour it took to get there after i got home from the boat. i wrote him while offshore and said i was interested in it. when i got there he wanted 500 bucks more than he offered it 2 months prior.
after talking to him he said it would probably need new seals,didn't know about the cyl bores from sitting etc... the "new" price and what he told me plus taking it out of the crate all made me reconsider buying it. it would be used as soon as i used it.
what are used 906 dukes going for? take the doe and buy g.e. stock(no i don't have any). when it splits take the split and splurge. the old saying "do as i say, not as i do"!?!?!?!?!?!?
or,find a '66 ducati 250 monza thats been sitting for 27 yrs and get it running. all it might take is fresh oil,a clean carb, battery and some kicks.fresh gas helped too.
beemerboy
year: 0

Post by beemerboy »

Hey Guys,

This is getting waaaaay too deep with reasons for and against FD buying the 906. I was just trying to get someone to spend money, that's all. My intent was to live my life vicariously through someone else without any hassle and expense.

Besides, since I got my 907 in February I've yet to be able to ride it and have spent considerable monies getting it up to snuff......misery loves company, ya know? :neener:
Regards,
Randy
'02 BMW RT
'06 BMW K1200S
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

Faster - 'hard case' - "Its easier to ask forgiveness than permission" & with the Italian wife thing too - :roll: :roll: :D :thumbup: :thumbup: - lols mate!!!
wiggs

Post by wiggs »

hi beemerboy,
i'll agree with ya on that. i would like to live my life thru jay leno.not for his money but what his money enabled him to buy and ride/drive. what with the vinnies,bruffs,mamoths etc... not to mention his cars. he has a passion for bikes that most of us lesser souls only dream about and the resources to back it up.
while working in the north sea in '85 ,vincents were advertised in classic bike for 3,000 to 4,500 pounds. the pound was down to $1.05 and stayed around $1.25 for awhile. if i had the doe and seeds i would have bought 2 or 3 and had them shipped states side. it was only a few years later they skyrocketed to over 20 grand each. i could have sold 1 or 2 and had 1 or 2 for next to nuttin'!?!?!?!?!? "nothing ventured,nothing gained". so, here i sit,all broken hearted,came to ride,and only farted! (should that be under apex?)
beemerboy
year: 0

Post by beemerboy »

wiggs wrote:hi beemerboy,......while working in the north sea in '85 ,vincents were advertised in classic bike for 3,000 to 4,500 pounds. the pound was down to $1.05 and stayed around $1.25 for awhile. if i had the doe and seeds i would have bought 2 or 3 and had them shipped states side. it was only a few years later they skyrocketed to over 20 grand each. i could have sold 1 or 2 and had 1 or 2 for next to nuttin'!?!?!?!?!? "nothing ventured,nothing gained".
I know about Vincents. Thems the stuff dreams are made of. They give me some major league wood too. I once had a chance to own a '59 Corvette that needed some restoration. The price? My '68 Olds 442 and $1000 cash. I couldn't swing it at the time but oh what that car would be worth now.....

Then there was the time I could have picked up a mid-'50s Matchless 500cc twin for $300. I couldn't swing that either. Now I have cash (not ANYTHING like Fasterdammit's bank roll) but can't find the sweet deals. :mad:
Regards,
Randy
'02 BMW RT
'06 BMW K1200S
wiggs

Post by wiggs »

randy,
i once bought a '60 bsa goldie in clubman trim for $600. could have bought it a year earlier for $500 but dragged my feet. i had to borrow the doe from the bank,at that time i was carrying 4 motorcycle loans @ 18% interest. my parents were so p-ssed at me the goldie had to sit outside for a week or so.
so now i'm down to buying ducati monza's that have sat for decades and nursing them back to life. did get it running last nite and took it down the road about a half mile total. just degreased the engine moments ago and it looks better but it's still just a monza. was really hoping to find a scrambler but just didn't get that lucky this time.was told over the fone it was original paint but it's not even close,no decals or nuttin'. i do have a service manual for it tho.depending on my employment status i may or may not keep it.things are looking up tho, gonna get physical with a nurse friday morning.
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

Some people have all the luck Wiggs - I'd like to get physical with a nurse too mate........ :roll: :roll: :thumbup: