14%

Total votes: 14

redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

A make over for my 906, your thoughts please

Post by redpaso »

Hey guys, I am thinking of giving the old 906 a bit of a make over, at present it is standard 906 paint scheme, I have fiddled an image on my computer of what I think I might do & am interested in your feedback. I don't think I will do the white & green in the air duct at the rear but am interested in your impressions. I really like the whole tri-colour concept, I loved the original 851 & 750F1 designs but I also love red Ducati's. I also do not really go much on a whilte rear rim & a chain driven bike (second bike I have owned with this combination, the other a Suzuki GSX600F many moons ago) I would also reshape the seat (the white section removed) or if I could stretch finances replace original with a corbin (they look so good).

I know my computer abilities are not perfect so the image is a little crude but you get teh idea. Please let me know what you think or if you have a tri-colour paso show me how yours looks (Duck01? still waiting)

Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
DucSoup

Post by DucSoup »

I think it's really nice looking the way it is! Go with a new seat first and see if that doesn't do you for a while. I do not know if there is enough room to re-sculpt the seat as you are proposing. That is right over the battery box and the only thing I can see that will give much is the padding.

I have a Corbin that I picked up on eBay a few years back. It needed modification before it would even fit! I had to grind the front tab, expand the holes in the rear, and sand off high spots on the seat pan. After all that work it is still kind of a trick to get off. It does look nice but you know what? The original is actually more comfortable imho. I kept it and may have it recovered one of these days.

Back to your 906, I think the way it looks now is grand. That being said, it is your bike and if new paint is the only thing that works for you then do it. (I confess that I would like to build a spare set of pannels for my 750 and then have 2 Pasos for the upkeep price of one. :cool: )

BTW - It is great fun to play with graphics on the computer and a whole lot cheaper than actually painting the bike. Keep doing that till you get a look that really turns your crank.
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

Red - yeah mate - I'm picking up ya subtle hint there..........I still have'nt been sent the link from Mike, so if you PM me a e-mail for ya - I'll send ya the photos.................
I like the colour of mine, so it;ll be interesting to see what you think.........
Mind you - there's nothing wrong with Red ones though......!!
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by fasterdammit »

I like it - except for the ducts. Even the rims, that'd be a cool touch. Would you color the entire rim, or just cover the black or the bare steel part? Only painting a section of the rim might be just subtle enough to make it really hot, and not blatant, you know? Almost like a thick pinstripe - just a color highlight.

I've had a tri-color scheme in my head for a while too - although I've been on a quest to amass all new body work to paint instead of covering up the blue. I'd rather have two full sets of skins ... it'd almost be like having two bikes! At the moment, I've only got the second tank, and that needs some lovin' before anything happens as it is ... but someday.

Anyway, if you went with that scheme, you'd only have to come up with the four panels if you wanted to keep the stock ones as-is. But definitely sweet looking ... ! Keep us posted!
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
DucSoup

Post by DucSoup »

fasterdammit wrote:...I've had a tri-color scheme in my head for a while too - although I've been on a quest to amass all new body work to paint instead of covering up the blue. I'd rather have two full sets of skins ... it'd almost be like having two bikes!...
I hear ya brother. I love that stock Blue but would like the flash of something else too.
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

Thanks for the feedback guys, I do like the idea of the extra skins so that it can revert back to original (could come in handy if the Police are ever after me :laugh: ). I think the duct colouring is definately out unless it was a bit more subtle & blended into the red (I like the grey on Skins ducts that blends into the white, very tastefull). The rims at present are all white but I have added a thin (3mm) red pinstripe to the front & a thicker (6mm) green pinstripe to the rear. I like this (I will get some photos of them up soon) so maybe the outer rim could be coloured while the spokes remain white. as for the seat I would keep the original & either get another & have the foam reshaped. If anybody hears of a Corbin for sale let me know. I would be keen on the Corbin even if the rest was unchanged. The current seat ussually results in me sitting on my tackle after a few big bumps & can get extremely uncormfortable, especially on a good set of twisties that requires heavy breaking.

Duck01, glad you got the hint, :laugh: get on to mike again for the link, I had mine the same day. I will PM you with my email though because I am keen on seeing what yours looks like but you need the gallery to share with all.

Any other feedback & suggestions or even your own interpretations woud be welcomed.

:thumbup: Thanks
Redpaso
jomo

Post by jomo »

NO!

jomo
Brake late & brake hard,
jomo

Paso 906 Blue
Paso 906 Silver
Bultaco Metralla GT370 Custom
Bultaco Metralla GT250
Bultaco Frontera 250 Mk.9
Suzuki RMX250
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

So did ya get the photos, or are you only working a 3 day week again............. :D
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

Re faster's suggestion about the rims, above: I painted the rims on my bike white, because the finish on the alloy was stuffed. I painted just the shiny part, not the black part. I did it by hand, with a brush, but it came out all right.
Gwenadu

Post by Gwenadu »

bof!
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:confused:

Which means?
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

Duck01 I have not got them but I may have accidently deleted them thinking they were trying to sell me viarga or something. :oops: Can you please send again & PM me with your email address so I know to look for it. :D
Redpaso
Paul
year: 1987

Bof

Post by Paul »

Skins,

I think he is inferring that you are a boffin (someone that it particularly good at something). Alternatively, he could be saying that you are a Boring Old Fart... :eek: , in which case he would be wrong.

I suggest you pick the one that you like.

Paul
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

Hi Red - how about this time mate...................BTW - if you want to put them in here, just go for it eh........ :thumbup: :thumbup: :D
Gwenadu

Post by Gwenadu »

Hi Skins!"bof" means only something like "so so". Green and red were ok for "Ducati TT" but this colors give a too sportive look to the Paso I think.