Fuel Return Hose

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Re: Fuel Return Hose

Post by Mc tool »

huh, learn sommat every day . Mine has no jet in the return line and when I got the two ( return line and vent ) mixed up , I only knew as it pissed fuel everywhere when I filled the tank.
As a matter of interest , my paso 906 has a rotory vane type of electric pump , not a reciprocating one as I have been led to believe it would of had originally , and I just lenghtened the return line till I had sufficient pressure at the carb ( no idea what it is ) :?:
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
Colonial Boy
year: 1989

Post by Colonial Boy »

Thankyou to all who have quickly come forward with helpful advice. I fitted new hoses, checked that the restrictor was in place (it was), plumbed it all up correctly and it works. I can only assume that the float valve was somehow jammed closed initially.

However, all is well and it bursts into life as soon as I touch the starter button :thumbup:

Thanks again to all who helped :beer:

Cheers, CB
Ducati 906 Paso
Kawasaki GPZ900R
Triumph Sprint 955
v2barn

Post by v2barn »

way to many gas fumes :wacko: bet you blow your clutch out with air as well,Don't you :banghead:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No Higgy, i don't blow out the clutch with an airline as even though asbestos hasn't been used for years i more than most are aware of the dangers of such an act, my Father died of mesothelioma.
.....and i bet you put paper on the toilet seat before you have a crap :fart:
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Mc tool »

[quote
.....and i bet you put paper on the toilet seat before you have a crap :fart:[/quote]

yeah , I bet he does too :lol: :P . I like that gritty taste that clutch dust leaves in my mouth.... makes your spit black , ha ha ha
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by higgy »

.....and i bet you put paper on the toilet seat before you have a crap :fart:

Good one, :thumbup:
Naw,I use the paper as a hat on Halloween for my traditional "shithead" costume :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
think it goes well with the aussie sheepboots :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

My dad died from lung cancer so I can relate :-(
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Mc tool »

My granddad died of cancer too . after having his lip , tounge , soft pallet and most of his throat removed in various opps , he had a hole put in his wind pipe so he could stick his fag in there and keep smoking :smoke: talk about dedication
romus

Post by romus »

Mc tool wrote:huh, learn sommat every day . Mine has no jet in the return line and when I got the two ( return line and vent ) mixed up , I only knew as it pissed fuel everywhere when I filled the tank.
As a matter of interest , my paso 906 has a rotory vane type of electric pump , not a reciprocating one as I have been led to believe it would of had originally , and I just lenghtened the return line till I had sufficient pressure at the carb ( no idea what it is ) :?:
I tested fuel pressure at the carb on my 906 without any jet restrictor in the return line and it read 1.8psi. Actually the Weber carb runs okay at 1.8psi. However, if if Ducati general carb pressure is 2.5 - 3psi then it explains the restrictor on the 906 return line, or the other way to get the pressure up at the carb is by fitting a Holley fuel pressure regulator.

If you look at the manuals for the 750 and the 906 you can see they have a different return line system, and you can envisage how the 750 has more pressure with the way the return line is set up (so 750 owners talk about fitting regulators to reduce pressure down to 2.5 - 3 psi.

So, to get to 2.5 - 3psi at the carb 750s needed a regulator to bring it down to that and the 906, with different return line system needs a retrictor in the return line or a regulator to bring it up. But on a 906 it is a choice because 1.8psi still works.
Warwick - on a learning curve and on a
Ducati Paso - Soul of a thoroughbred :P