discussions specific to the 906 Paso
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Venhill Brake lines

Post by higgy »

Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 0

Re: Venhill Brake lines

Post by Finnpaso »

Not from those sets, but at least here we make steel braided lines in our own garages, as it is easy to find/buy all stuff, like different banjo bolts, that tube, washers, etc... Need to train little first, but its quite simple job. I have made about 10 lines and all function well. Cost will be approximately about 50% from those set prices.

It can also be, that in some countries such is illegal, but it depends about country. I can quess, that in Germany such is never allowed, as everything have to be "TUV labelled" . Here we dont have yet those "year check's" for motorbikes, and polices have much more important to do, so why not here? :mrgreen: Have to be accurate with cutting tube and tightening torques, but anyway easy job. :thumbup:

Edited: I mean cost, not coasts.... my mistake! Or should i say, costs...hehehe.... :)
Last edited by Finnpaso on Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Antti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeKOh3XoXPg&NR=1
KTM 990 Adventure -08 metal dark grey
Paso 750 -89 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
2xST4S -02 red/metal grey
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel Classic/titanium
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

true, but here you can find component brake line systems where you can buy the single parts whatever length or fittings you need and put them together by yourself. There`s no cutting necessary. These are TÜV approved and legal.

G.
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 0

Post by Finnpaso »

Also such for sale here, but normally some fitting problems with such. Some banjo is not in just right angle, or line is little too long or too short, etc... So, thats why i want to make just right fittings to them. :thumbup:
Antti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeKOh3XoXPg&NR=1
KTM 990 Adventure -08 metal dark grey
Paso 750 -89 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
2xST4S -02 red/metal grey
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel Classic/titanium
forwardgear

Post by forwardgear »

Hi everyone,

My name's Chris, and I operate Forward Gear, the US distributor for Venhill. I have a Google alert setup to send me messages when a new web page appears containing the word Venhill, which led me to this conversation. I hope you won't mind if I share some technical details about the Venhill brake lines being discussed in this post.

The lines referenced by higgy are from our Powerhose Plus series, which differ substantially from those made by cutting to length as mentioned by Finnpaso. Cut to length hoses use sealing rings called "olives". Essentially you cut a hose to length, slide on an internally threaded collar and brass sealing ring (the olive), insert an externally threaded spigot into the hose end, and when you tighten the collar onto the spigot it compresses the olive to form a seal.

The Venhill Powerhose Plus system supplies hoses in 25mm increments fitted with factory crimped stainless steel swivel ends. These hoses are crimped and pressure tested just as any quality brake line supplier tests hoses equipped with permanently crimped banjo ends.

The advantage of the swivel is in versatility and installation. You do not have to force the line to twist or kink in order to compensate for an inaccurately installed banjo. You simply tighten the banjo in place onto the caliper or master, and the hose automatically accommodates any rotation until the swivel nut is tightened. The versatility comes into play if you want to change riding position or equipment. You can then again utilize the swivels to accommodate for repositioned levers, etc, or even swap banjos if needed without scrapping the entire line.

The factory crimped end is how we are able to offer DOT and TUV approval.

As far as fitment problems as with lines too long or short or banjos slightly off, in addition to ready-made kits, you can just as easily create your own kit from pieces. For example, you could order a kit containing two hoses, one 600mm and one 650mm, two 45 deg banjos, two straight banjos, bolts, etc. Doing this you get exactly what you would build from bulk hose but have a factory tested unit that complies fully with DOT and TUV requirements.

Just thought I'd drop in and add my thoughts. I welcome any questions.

Cheers,

Chris
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by higgy »

Cool,that answered most of my questions. I have been looking for a decent set of lines for a while now and ran across these. So do you have a website or other means of contacting you/ordering ? I have a similar set on my 907 and they are well made and have held up over the years so I wanted to find a good set for the 906.

Is this your site?
http://www.venhillusa.com/

Which lines will fit the 906,brake and clutch?
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
forwardgear

Post by forwardgear »

Hey higgy,

Yep - that's us. Just email using the info on that site and you'll connect with me. We can talk about kit numbers, etc. The spec sheet I have shows info for the front and rear brakes, but not the clutch.

Chris