to cold to ride.

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
nnnnnnorman
model: 906 Paso
year: 1991

to cold to ride.

Post by nnnnnnorman »

its starting to get to cold to ride round these parts mam. thats the south east of england. cold clean fresh air is spilling in from the north east bringing temps down to below freezing. thats to cold to ride. salt is being spread on the roads on a nightly basis and snow is on the way. brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. im still waiting for alfs motorcycles to supply me with the cylinder base plates for my engine top end rebuild. the say they are on back order with ducati? anyone know any different or have a spare set they wanna sell? im also after a new or good condition chain guide as mine is half warn away. i have the small plastic conical air filter holders on the del orto's on my bike. some filters to fit these anyone? ive stopped riding the ST2 replacement bike untill it warms up a bit. ie above freezing. so im keen to get the paso906 back together all fixed and shiny and clean. ready for that early sping or warm christmas! im keeping the 906 as original as i got it five years ago. 16" avon azura's are going on. boscat pipes are staying on. black and gold paint is staying as is. leaving the carbs set as they where. the bike has always pulled lovely all the way from one to six and a half thousand revs. new chain and cogs are going on, the rear one increasing from 38 to 41 as reccomended for the tyres. cant think of anything else really. rear shock top eyelet has cracked. anyone got one? or i could get it welded. hope its warmer where you are. or colder. :thumbup: :cool: :)
1990 906 paso red and white
1991 906 paso black and gold
1997 ST2 red
2004 ccm r30 with 710 conversion
175 moto morini road race replica
a box of bits r100 bmw scrambler project
1962 rover 95 p4
1997 iveco daily
a non running xt600...stator needed
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 0

Re: to cold to ride.

Post by Finnpaso »

.. little colder, -18C just now, so U dont know anything about cold in U.K. :mrgreen: But here is not so wet, as there :lol: My sister flight just to Egypt, Hurghada: there will be whole week +28...+30C with sunny sky :shock:
Antti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeKOh3XoXPg&NR=1
KTM 990 Adventure -08 metal dark grey
Paso 750 -89 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
2xST4S -02 red/metal grey
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel Classic/titanium
nnnnnnorman

Post by nnnnnnorman »

antti we are starting to learn again about the winter after years of wet mild weather we are starting to get your weather second hand coming down in cold blasts. egypt sounds good. it would be great to be there on a big enduro motor bike. :) :cool: :thumbup:
1997 ST2 red
1962 rover 95 p4
1997 iveco daily
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Finnpaso »

Someone stupid "called" to Siberia and surely they send VERY COLD to nordic countries and also You get little from that.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Btw, they dont make so much enduro trips from Red Sea coast, but very easy to find ones with Quad's to desert. I wll probabaly take such when i go there for winterholidays (2 first weeks of january), but for snorkeling/diving it is one of best places in world. I have been there few times :) ... and local beer is VERY CHEAP! Sakkara have 10% alcohol and i didnt find any tast difference to European beers last time there. :beer:
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by higgy »

Here we have the beginning of the winter season. Mid afternoon the temp may stretch up to 55F(13C) but often includes rain and fog and you must keep a sharp eye on the deer population where ever you ride. "Banging a Buc" is often tragic for two wheels, not that it is a lot of fun with 4 wheels. After the sun goes down it dips to sub freezing quickly and the sun is very low on the horizon just before it sets making it a challenge to see the deer or even anything else. With the Paso's icing of the intake is always present at anything above a moderate pace. So the season is coming to a close here for the most part,there still will be the occasional nice day till we hit January when the season of bench racing, fixin things and beer commences. :thumbup:
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
nnnnnnorman

Post by nnnnnnorman »

not too good for the deer either higgy!
antti i was in dhaab twenty five years ago it was a paradise then. no hotels just some scruffy beach huts great snorkling and some good red leb. have a good holiday! :thumbup: :cool: :)
1997 ST2 red
1962 rover 95 p4
1997 iveco daily
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Finnpaso »

Nice to hear also Higgy's weather :thumbup: Here are elks to worry in south Finland and surely raindeers (those what Santa Claus uses at christmastime) in this time of year.... Hopefully all raindeers dont crash to cars that Santa C can drive still in end of december :mrgreen:

That my 2 week holidays in Hurghada is still long way to go on and we shall see, if i die to workplace before it, as TOO MUCH works there... :,( VERY STRESSED just now..... :( Now to heat Sauna and take little Koskenkorva :beer: Nice suturday eve to everybody! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
ST2 -01 red/metal grey